cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grill

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
I realize this thread is for recipes, food, etc. and really enjoy the recipes everyone shares and kind of thought this would be the best place to ask this question.

We are in the market for a new grill for our RV. What is the latest & greatest that all you "foodies" are using for your RV's? It's just the two of us and we normally grill steak, chicken, chops, etc.

Thanks in advance and again, we really do enjoy all the recIpes that are shared.

Regards,
Piddlers
21 REPLIES 21

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again everyone! I truly appreciate your input.

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
I have a Weber Q for quick and easy cooking. Actually I think it makes the best burger I've had. I tend to think it's a little "simple" for anything more than basic grilling. I made a little stainless steel smoke generator that clips over the burner. Helps with Chicken and Tri-Tip. It is a very high quality unit and it will last as long as I'm going to last!

The Smoke Hollow Vector Series satisfies my urge to really smoke some meat. It has two heating/cooking burners, separately controlled and a third burner with a smoke tray. You can really regulate temps for cooking product long term. I've done baby back ribs and pork roast for 4hrs by turning one of the burners off and just using the remaining burner and the smoke tray burner. Pretty easy to keep it at 250 degrees for ribs and pulled pork. Cooks Tri-Tips and chicken nicely too. Compared to the Weber........I'd say the Vector is not as high a quality unit and has many parts to assemble and is not as easy to clean. But if you want a real high quality end result, this is the ticket.

https://www.campingworld.com/smoke-hollow-vector-series-smoking-tabletop-3-burner-gas-grill-86915.html
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
downtheroad wrote:
Just 2 of us also...same menu.

Recommend: Weber Q. Shop around for the best deal.

Weber Q....HERE

If it's just the two of you, double ditto on the Q.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
The Weber Baby Q is a great grill. We also have the Weber Genesis at home. Customer service is fantastic if you have trouble with your grill or want to order a part.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote For the Q1200. We also carry and Old Smokey.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Piddlers wrote:
So far I can see the Weber Q is the concenus. Can it be hooked to the propane line or do you have to use the bottles?
I installed a tap on the the high pressure side. My hose has a 1" fitting same as the bottles. An adapter allows connection to all other BBQs.

I carry a small BBQ and pellet smoker.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
Had a Weber Baby-Q. With my back problems it was a little heavy to reach in and get it out of the baggage compartment. Started looking around for something lighter and ended up with this:

https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Hollow-205-Stainless-tailgating/dp/B00ENJRK3E/ref=sr_1_3?crid=30PZR5PV9BOSD&keywords=smoke+hollow+grill&qid=1551885837&s=gateway&sprefix=smoke+hollow%2Caps%2C321&sr=8-3

Not the quality of the Weber but obviously cheaper and still easy to use. Doesn't go through propane as fast as some because it only has a single burner- but gets plenty hot. I'm only in my second year with it so we'll see how long it goes. I highly recommend this grill.

Drew

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate your input.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the Weber Q. We use it with a 1 gallon propane tank. Lasts all season. Here's a link to the Tank.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Pit Boss 2 burner portable. Definitely not the build quality of the Weber but it has some pluses.
  • 20,000 BTU
  • Two burners
  • Much cheaper than Weber

Having two burners allows you to turn one burner off and move your food off heat to cook slower. Works great for cooking a frozen pizza.

I'm sure it won't last as long as a Weber, but you can buy two for the price of one Weber.

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Do be aware that there are at least two visibly identical but actually incompatible quick connect couplers in use on RVs. And neither (none) are compatible with the compressed air quick connects.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Weber Q and occasionally take our Trager Tailgater if we plan to smoke some baby backs.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Like everyone else has said, the Weber is great. Mine is 12 years old, and I've never had to replace anything.

Only other grill I would consider would be a Green Egg, love my egg at home, but I'm scared I'd break one in the camper.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
Weber Q. We connect ours to the quick connect on our camper. You need to remove the regulator on the grill, and install a quick connect. It is a simple conversion. Do some searching on this forum, lots of good information. We also added quick connects to the regulator, so we can still use the frill with the disposable cans.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab