cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Midrange propane griddle

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I'm looking for a propane powered griddle for camping. This will be used to cook for 6-10 people.

What I'm looking for is something in between the tiny griddles for your camp stove, and the massive commercial griddles like the Blackstone.

We've tried griddles that sit on top of the gas grill, but they don't get hot enough. 60 minutes to cook bacon, and 20 minutes to cook a batch of pancakes is not acceptable. By the time breakfast is cooked, it's time for lunch!

Usually we use a couple of electric griddles, but they draw 12 Amps each, and sometimes we can't get enough power to run two.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.
11 REPLIES 11

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I just googled the 2 burner and one 14" griddle, both for $99.00 at various places.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
+1 for the Camp Chef Explorer 2 burner stove and the pro griddle for the explorer. The griddle is heavy as heck, and is available in 2 sizes. Covers 1 burner or both burners. I bough 2-single burner ones. That way we either have a lot of griddle space (14x32), or 14x16 plus a burner to use to cook something else at the same time.

Concerning the electric griddles, do you guys have more than one camp site? What about a couple 14g extension cords run directly from the 2 pedestals? Or ask a neighbor if you can plug into the 20amp if they aren't using it.
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Camp Chief 2 burner propane stove. I found online a SS griddle that fits one of the burners perfectly. It has a greese trought for those "bacon mornings". There's no way you could have this on high for an hour without burning your bacon and causing a greese fire. I've been using this combo for several years. I've done burgers, bacon wrapped scallops/shrimps,too name a few.

Cleanup is super easy being its SS. I haven't used my cast iron griddle since.

sausageking
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Chef with a Camp Chef griddle works awesome.

davosfam
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a Camp Chef stove and the griddle that goes with it. You won't be disappointed.
Shannen and Rick, empty nesters and loving it!
2015 Keystone Cougar 333MKS
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
How about this

click
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks for the input so far.

What I'm looking for is something in between the tiny Coleman and the massive Blackstone. I'm limited on space to haul it around.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

dcb17b
Explorer II
Explorer II
Coleman makes a propane "skillet". It is a good size and can be used as a griddle,fry pan or a sauce pan. I have 2 of them and LOVE them.
2022 F-150 STX 2,7 Ecoboost
2023 Jayco 25RB

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
I don't/have never cooked with propane yet know a few people who do and wuvvvvvv their Camp Chef griddle. No idea if they come in sizes smaller then a Blackstone though.

sew0177
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 4 burner blackstone and love it. Had it out for our annual family reunion camp out over this past weekend.

forthefunofit94
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a Coleman propane griddle that is 15+ years old. It has been a wonderful solution for us. I just use the 1# bottles and they last several weekends.
David & Karen Castellon
2015 F150 XLT
302 w/tow & anti-sway package
Backup camera & brake controller
EQUAL-I-ZER hitch