cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Summer Beer

TacoMan13
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't seen it posted here, but it's a delicious cold drink for a hot summer day...

( 1 )can of frozen lemonade
( 1 )equal part vodka ( use empty lemonade can )
( 4 )of your favorite beer/ale ( found best NOT to use lager or other dark brews, light brews/ales taste best )

combine the contents together in a large mixing bowl or deep pitcher, serve on the rocks and enjoy.

We like the lemonade version, but also enjoyed Blue Moon and frozen orange juice mixture as well.

Note of caution : ingesting multiple batches may decrease your motor skills, depleat your inhibitions, increase your tendencies to laugh, impregnate your wife/significant other, and revive your teenage "super powers"
We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.
13 REPLIES 13

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
We call that cocktail Strip and Go Naked. Refreshing and most people like them, but they can sneak up on you! And it's different from a summer shandy, which I don't care for. Because they're so easy to make, they are great pitcher drinks for entertaining a crowd.

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
No joke.. I COULD have slugged this stuff down for breakfast...LOL If I recall.. I saw some sliced oranges and raspberries floating around in the pitcher of YUM!

Sinfully deeeeeeelish!
~ It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness ~ Dave Barry

Carl, Felicia, Eva & Pip (the fur kids)

TacoMan13
Explorer
Explorer
Anytime can be cocktail hour, just byob! Heck of a drive for ya coming from Cali though ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„
I was thinking Bud Lime since I dont care for it much as is, but with lemonade it would likely be pretty tasty. And thats the magical part with this concoction....cheap stuff tastes good when mixed and masked with lemonade.
Wondering if it would work with cider ales like Woodchuck or Redds and mixed equal vodka/apple juice?
We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
TacoMan: What time is cocktail hour? I'll be right over.

BTW, I'm thinking you could hit the recipe with Bud Platnum 6% to get things going.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

TacoMan13
Explorer
Explorer
Campfire Time wrote:
Why go through all that? Just buy a case of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.

Go through ALL that? What's tough about it? Ya dump it all together and give it a stir.....done. Not to mention it only takes a few glasses of summer beer to ramp up your mood vs a half dozen or more Leinenkugel

Lakelady48
Explorer
Explorer
Summer Beer is a nice change and refreshing on a hot day. I think I'll try it with raspberry lemonade sometime.
2007 Chevy Silverado
2010 Coachmen Freedom Express 24RBS

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
SWD: couldn't agree more!:):):)
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Why go through all that? Just buy a case of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

notruffinit
Explorer
Explorer
Back in college we called this drink "Strip and Go Nakeds". The guys liked it because they were cheap and the girls liked them ๐Ÿ™‚
'11 Ram 3500 Cummins
'12 Cameo 34SB3

TacoMan13
Explorer
Explorer
The Dung Beetles wrote:
Tacoman

I have to say.. I'm a light weight when it comes to much drinking, but someone served this concoction made with frozen "raspberry Lemonade" on our last camping trip (she used to be a bar tender) and it was beyond D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

I don't like vodka, and as a rule lemonade gives me a gut ache. I do like a red beer here and there, but but BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT... when those ingredients are mixed together something magic happens! This mixture you posted I have had...and it is EXCELLENT!!

However, I think drinkikng more then 2 might be equivalent to anesthetic. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›

I hear ya, I'm not a heavy drinker either and tend to limit myself to less than a 6pk at a time when I do partake. I enjoyed this stuff when I first heard about the recipe, so I figured I'd share with the masses....and it's a good way to make cheap vodka and cheap beer hide together behind a greatly flavored alcoholic mixed beverage.

TacoMan13
Explorer
Explorer
SWD wrote:
I'm sorry but I fail to see the sense in adding more stuff to a good beer. Are your beers that bad that they need lemonade and vodka? :h :W

Not at all, in fact I've probably drank at least 100 brands/types in my life thus far. But, sometimes a fella just wants something a little different without going full ghey on wine coolers ๐Ÿ˜„

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
Tacoman

I have to say.. I'm a light weight when it comes to much drinking, but someone served this concoction made with frozen "raspberry Lemonade" on our last camping trip (she used to be a bar tender) and it was beyond D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

I don't like vodka, and as a rule lemonade gives me a gut ache. I do like a red beer here and there, but but BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT... when those ingredients are mixed together something magic happens! This mixture you posted I have had...and it is EXCELLENT!!

However, I think drinkikng more then 2 might be equivalent to anesthetic. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
~ It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness ~ Dave Barry

Carl, Felicia, Eva & Pip (the fur kids)

SWD
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry but I fail to see the sense in adding more stuff to a good beer. Are your beers that bad that they need lemonade and vodka? :h :W