cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Antenna aiming

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting here in Surprise AZ and get good reception with my regular antenna, but no NBC. Have a separate antenna up on a post on top of the ladder, and aim it at the signal antenna about 30 miles away. Barely get a signal, then mostly nothing. I've hooked to the cable inlet, the living room only inlet, and now directly to the TV. We were here two years ago and ran the same antenna to get perfect reception.

Any ideas?

My neighbor ran his other antenna and plugged it in to the inlet next to the roof antenna on his rig and has great reception... I don't know why this would work any better.

Guess I'm stumped
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually
18 REPLIES 18

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
check all the connections like others have said. antenna aiming is critical to getting a good signal, if you scan the tv for channels on the normal antenna and do not get the nbc channel you will have to rescan the tv when switching antennas to get this new channel. are you saying you receive it but it cuts in and out? tv signals come in better at night also that's when to do a channel scan to get the most channels.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
One little thing that you might want to do is clean all the electrical connections using a de-oxide. I used to get mine from Radio Shack and I still have some left, but I don't know right now where I can get more.

The connections not only have to be clean but they have to be tightened correctly (not loose and not too tight). I have a very small wrench for that.

Don't forget those connections behind panels and in hard to find locations.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
In my home with an antenna I don't get NBC.the cut back on their over the air signal months ago. Used to get it in all the time now nothing.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Try THIS
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE