cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camera to view inside of rv while gone

jgkeeto
Explorer
Explorer
hi everyone, we are trying to figure out a way to view the inside of our rv while we are away from it. we have a dog and he isn't a problem but we want to keep an eye on temperature so we figured that we can set a thermometer and put a camera on it. but how do we do that, just in case we are in those campsites that don't have wifi.
we have a mifi from verizon which lets us be on the internet plus a signal booster. we have a security camera at our house that we can access at any time from our cell phone, so that is something we are looking to do as well with the rv

any suggestions from anyone is greatly appreciated.
getting ready for our wonderful week long stay near key west, woo hoo

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
THere are lots of Cameras available However You will have to have your own hotspot. You cannot rely on the CG WiFi.
If you have an extra cell phone or tablets there are apps that allow the cell phone to act as a camera, But you will still need a decent cell signal or Hotspot

Since I have an extra old android cell phone, I started looking for the apps. Here's one (I have not used it yet but it is free)

app - cell phone security camera

Requires android 2.3 or higher.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
THere are lots of Cameras available However You will have to have your own hotspot. You cannot rely on the CG WiFi.
If you have an extra cell phone or tablets there are apps that allow the cell phone to act as a camera, But you will still need a decent cell signal or Hotspot
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

lynndiwagon
Explorer
Explorer
I can't guarantee it but I've been told that these work pretty good.
Lynn & Diana Wagoner
Three Boston Terriers
2011 Chevy 3500HD, DRW, 4X4
2014 Big Country 3650RL
Retired

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Nest cam with hotspot and smart phone. Put therm. where the cam can see it. Then go to Internet and view Nest cam with nest software. For a few $s you can record and view later. It will eat the data if connected continusly but we look at it every so often for a minute or so.

jgkeeto
Explorer
Explorer
we have the dlink in our house, it works very good and we can view from our phone, that is what we would like to do in our rv but we do not have a router to connect it to only the mifi that uses 4glte, so i'm looking for something that will work that way.

thanks again folks

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
D-Link has a camera which will meet your needs. You can view the image from a smartphone or computer through the D-Link account you setup on their website/cloud.

I used one to watch my Dad in his bedroom while I was at work. It worked great. Very easy to setup...you would have to power it from an inverter. I connected it directly to my router but it does have blue tooth connectivity.

I got one at Best Buy

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Foscam makes an internet camera that works well (once it is programmed) and has a decent price. We have four of them connected to our router at home.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)