cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping World a let down

thecoles
Explorer
Explorer
This entry is somewhat lengthy but frustration is paramount and I want Marcus and his staff to understand.

On 5-15-15 I attempted to place an online order to Camping World and it would not go through, so I called and was told the computer system was going through a major overhaul (who would do this just weeks or days before the start of the camping season? Did these people previously work for Obamacare?). Anyway the lady on the phone assured me she could assist me with the order and said she would get me all the internet discounts, so I agreed (even though I knew I would miss things without the leisure of ordering online.).I went ahead and placed my order a little more than $1,000.00 worth. Later I realized I had forgotten several items so I placed another order this time online worked and again the next day I found more items I needed another $500.00 worth.

Anyway I waited a week and started checking on the status of my orders and all I got was Processing the big order was not even listed. So I started calling and was told the system was down and they could not help me. Today the 26th (11 days later) I called and again was told the system was down so they couldn't help me. I called again 4 hrs. later (45 minutes on hold)and finally got a human who told me my large order had been released today for shipment but no tracking information was available. A smaller order had been released a week ago today but there was no indication that it had as yet shipped as there was no tracking information. Also they found another shipment under my account that was not mine, different name and address, so they just cancelled that order (hope that wasn't what happened to my order that still is waiting to be shipped).

Anyway I just want to say that I was so excited when I bought my new RV and I could not wait to join The Good Sam Club and couldn't wait to order all the toys to outfit my unit for a big trip we have planned only to be disenchanted with all the problems that I have encountered with Camping Worlds inefficient customer service.
19 REPLIES 19

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
edatlanta wrote:
A response from an Administrator with an offer to research the issue in less than 2 hours after the post in open forum? That tells me they are trying to get good information to us. How many companies do we all try to deal with that we don't get any response at all from anyone let alone a response to a post on an open forum.

I have found Camping World to be responsive when a mistake is made and while they aren't perfect either, they have always come through for me.

Hi edatlanta, I just responded to another of your posts on a similar subject and then came across this one which is almost identical. And I am curious. What is your experience with GSE and CW that makes you want to rush to their defense? Do you have a spouse or other family member who works for them and thus feel honor-bound to defend them? I can certainly understand that.

But I cant help but think that if you were experiencing the same issues as the posters you would not be so forgiving.

CW and GSE are not the underdog they are not David. They need help for sure I think we can all agree.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
A response from an Administrator with an offer to research the issue in less than 2 hours after the post in open forum? That tells me they are trying to get good information to us. How many companies do we all try to deal with that we don't get any response at all from anyone let alone a response to a post on an open forum.

I have found Camping World to be responsive when a mistake is made and while they aren't perfect either, they have always come through for me.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello thecoles,
I understand your frustration. I would like to try and help. can you private message me your contact information and order numbers and we can investigate and follow up with you on the status. Thank you...Rudy, Camping World Response Team.

rdmike
Explorer
Explorer
I too am having a nightmare with them, never again. They have no knowledge of how the internet should work in business. Being on hold today for over 40 minutes very frustrating.
Fleetwood Providence 39L
Ford Fiesta Toad
Retired, spending our winters in Thailand / spring - fall traveling the great USA

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
This will not be your last disappointment with the RV lifestyle. Things will go wrong. Apparently CW is just grown too big too fast and they just don't have the personnel or systems to deliver what they promise.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)