cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping World order problem

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
I placed an order with Camping World for three items on June 8th. I received an email on June 16th stating one item was on backorder. I tried calling their customer service number a couple of times. I was on hold for several minutes and gave up. The day I received this notification I sent an email requesting that the full order be cancelled. A few days ago I received the backordered item but nothing else. Today I noticed a charge on my credit card for the full order. I will be contacting my credit card company today. I will advise them that the full order wasn't received and the purchase is unauthorized.
2019 Grand Design Reflection 230RL
2020 Ford F250 Lariat CC SB 4X4 6.7 B&W Companion RVK3300
21 REPLIES 21

KC8RXQ
Explorer
Explorer
Final update here. Mr. Brian Roberts, Director of Sales - Call Centers emailed me and was able to take care of the issue. The item was no longer manufactured but Mr. Roberts offered to supply an item of equal/better valuebut I declined the offer. Later that day I received a notification that a full credit would be made to my credit card account. I do appreciate Mr. Roberts efforts and hope that their on-line ordering system gets straightened out.
Ed and Robin
Travelling buddies: Nina, Kit and Mickey
2016 Thor Synergy TT24, Ming Blue
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3.0L, V6

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
grampscamper,

Thank you Sir for the update. It was a pleasure working with you. Again I apologize for all the problems you have experienced. If you need my help in the future please let me know. I would be happy to help.

Have a great week and travel safe.

Mark
Marcus' Rapid Response Team

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
I did get my credit a few days ago.
Thank you Mark.

KC8RXQ
Explorer
Explorer
peaches&cream wrote:
jdb7566 wrote:
old guy wrote:
with all the problem posts about CW I am surprised anyone orders from them

I've been in retail sales for 30+ years. There is a segment of the population that cannot be pleased, no matter what. And, most of them are here on this forum.

I agree. They make the situation so dramatic, you would think they are losing a family member. I was in retail sales from 1968 to 2005 and it is easy to pick out the complainers from true customers.

Yes there are complainers but there are lots of folks with credible reasons to complain. Isn't the main purpose of online ordering to streamline the process and get the product to the customer as efficiently and promply as possible? And, wouldn't you agree that the computer age has driven the expectations of internet shoppers to get what they are promised - when they are promised?

On July 10, I placed an online order for 10 - tubes of Proflex Caulk and received online confirmation the same say. On July 13, I received an email summarizing the order (don't know why) but nothing since that date indicating/confirming the shipment of the product. My credit card was debited on July 14 (four days after the online order was placed for a stock item) and still no updates. I kept checking the status which indicated that it was awaiting shipment so today, July 19, I called CW and talked to a very nice, very polite, and very professional lady that verified the order had not yet shipped but should do so within 24 hours. I almost cancelled the order but elected to wait another 24 hours to see if it was shipped or not. If it has not shipped then I will cancel the order and hopefully keep my CW purchases limited to just their walk-in stores.
Ed and Robin
Travelling buddies: Nina, Kit and Mickey
2016 Thor Synergy TT24, Ming Blue
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3.0L, V6

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
jdb7566 wrote:
old guy wrote:

I've been in retail sales for 30+ years. There is a segment of the population that cannot be pleased, no matter what. And, most of them are here on this forum.

I agree. They make the situation so dramatic, you would think they are losing a family member. I was in retail sales from 1968 to 2005 and it is easy to pick out the complainers from true customers.

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
I did get a satisfactory response to my PM. I'm told a credit will be issued in the next few days.
Thanks Mark.

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
I sent a PM and did hear back from Mark. I asked for a refund for items I never received.
We'll see what happens. If I don't see a refund in the next week or so I will notify my credit card company.

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
Grumpy374 wrote:
gramps, I remember when, back in the early 70's (1971 to be exact) I bought my first camper, and joined Good Sam. Back then being a Good Sammer ment something, and when we went camping, would always search out other "Sammers".
Remember the Wally Baumn Caravans? Always wanted to go on one of his River Barge Camping Cruises.
Now, it's just become a gimmick.
And, I lived in South Fla., and can remember when the first CW opened in Orlando, Fla. Huge store, plenty of knowledgable and helpful people. Always looked forward to heading north on the Fla Turnpike and making a detour to stop there.
Now, won't even stop even if I pass right by one.
This year my GS expires, and won't be re-upping.
Sad, at one time they were the best.
Grumpy

Grumpy, I haven't been at this as long as you. We purchased our first 5th wheel almost 5 years ago. Until now I've been pleased with Camping World. A couple of years ago we stopped at a Camping World in Churchville, NY. A young lady working there couldn't be more helpful. She was very patient with us. She helped us find many items that were on my list that were on sale at the time. We saved a few hundred dollars.
Here in Canada we don't have any Camping Worlds. I would go a little out of my way sometimes to find them when travelling.
I thought I would try an online order. So far my experience is somewhat frustrating.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
grampscamper,

Thank you for your time and post. I would be more than happy to help with your order and get this straightened out. If able please send me a PM with your order number and contact information.

Thank you,

Mark
Marcus' Rapid Response Team

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
gramps, I remember when, back in the early 70's (1971 to be exact) I bought my first camper, and joined Good Sam. Back then being a Good Sammer ment something, and when we went camping, would always search out other "Sammers".
Remember the Wally Baumn Caravans? Always wanted to go on one of his River Barge Camping Cruises.
Now, it's just become a gimmick.
And, I lived in South Fla., and can remember when the first CW opened in Orlando, Fla. Huge store, plenty of knowledgable and helpful people. Always looked forward to heading north on the Fla Turnpike and making a detour to stop there.
Now, won't even stop even if I pass right by one.
This year my GS expires, and won't be re-upping.
Sad, at one time they were the best.
Grumpy

grampscamper
Explorer
Explorer
Grumpy, I had a good laugh when I read your posts. It isn't a large order so we're not talking about much money. I just wanted to warn others. I contacted my credit card company and they suggested waiting a few more days to see if the order shows up (I won't hold my breath).
I think after 30 days it won't likely show up now.
Roy, you're correct Amazon is much better for online shopping. I use them all the time. I've always received great service.
My past experience with Camping World was always positive. I've purchased several items at various stores while travelling. This was my first online experience with them. It will be my last. I wish I read all the negative posts before I placed my order.
I worked for a computer company for over 20 years. We would never put a system online without thoroughly testing the software. I know you can have software bugs when you introduce a new system but this seems ridiculous to me.

Grumpy374
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB, we also have Amazon Prime, and the computers at Amazon are a joy to deal with. For those who wonder about Amazon...
Find an item at CW. Item xxx, ON SALE FOR $79.00, BUT, with $10.00 shipping. BUT, on back order, but we'll charge your credit card right now.
Amazon Prime, item xxx, not on sale, but priced at $67.00, everyday price. Oh, it's in stock, and you'll have it in 2 days. And since your a prime member, it will ship for free.
Oh, if your not happy with it, no problem. Request a Return Authorization, and print it out. Slap it on the return and send it back, of course at no charge to you.
Their computers know how to treat customers and keep them comming back!!!
Grumpy

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Is the Twilight zone at CW anything like the "sunshine treatment" vehicle dealers give their warranty customers? :B Check on your vehicle couple of months later and it has been treated with sunshine in the far corner of their lot.