cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping World rip off

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
The other day I spent 75 dollars at camping world and one of the items was plastic protectors for the sinks in our 5th wheel. When we got them to the rv we found that they were way to big for an rv sink. As I was looking at the receipt I realized that the buyer better beware. The retail price was 7.99, GS price 6.99 now get this refund price 4.72 so they are going to charge me 2.27 each to return them for the right size ones.......I have never been charged a return fee except for special order items. Had I known this I would never have bought them as they were an impulse buy as we already had protectors but they were old......I guess I will have to ask what the return price is from now on......
10 REPLIES 10

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Bob Vaughn,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam, I apologize for the expereince you have had at Camping World. I would like to look into this. Please provide your contact number and the location you are referring to in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
Unless it's posted, when a merchant charges you a return fee for a normally stocked item, IMO, that is outright theft. Also in that category is shoddy workmanship.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Still surprised folks go to Camping World. I was at a camper repair shop today to have my brakes rewired, and a guy came in and asked how much to replace his TT fridge.

Repair guy said $1500. Guy nearly fainted and said. CW gave him a price of $3700 for the same thing. Nuf said.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Funny,
Camping World
Rip Off
Something of a redundancy isn't it?

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Only if the refund the money. It should be an even. exchange. But you should no better than to deal with CW and expect a fair deal.
They have $200.00 of mine they did not legitimately earn.
Now you have learned not to deal with CW and it cost you a lot less than it cost me
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
Either Iโ€™m experiencing deja vous or you put up an identical post this afternoon.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Did you have a coupon? Very often a merchant will prorate a coupon value over all the items on the receipt.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Didnโ€™t you post this at 12:43? Once is enough.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Their way doing business isnโ€™t necessarily a rip off. Impulse buys are often regretted. Yes, you need to ask.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad