cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Compare and contrast Straight Talk to Net 10.....

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
As I understand, they each operate from Verizon towers. While I'm pleased with Net 10 as a phone service, I'm lookin to have a Plan B! I have lost the Millenicom Hotspot and Straight Talk has a Hotspot that operates from the Verizon Towers. My question is: compare and contrast Straight Talk to Net 10 as a phone service and HotSpot. THANKS.
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas
5 REPLIES 5

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
WE have ST phones and HS and are pleased with price and service. Use phones daily and HS only when camping. No experience with Net 10.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I can't compare them, but we have had a Straight Talk phone for over 5 years and have not had any problems with it. The only time we don't have service is in eastern Kentucky and we only go there once or twice a year for a few hours. We found a 10-12 mile stretch of I-81 in West Virginia that we didn't have service, but as soon as we crossed into MD, we had service again.

I have a Samsung Galaxy and DH has an Iphone and we have great service even though we only have 3G. It's a non-issue with us.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I transitioned my Millenicom hotspot to Verizon direct at $100/mo. For our usage, that's cheaper than Straight Talk, even with the $10/mo increase over Millenicom's rate. We typically use 23-24GB/mo, and our Verizon plan costs $5/GB for the first 20GB, and $8/GB over that. Straight Talk's cheapest rate is $10/GB. I am keeping my Straight Talk UMX 3G hotspot around though, for use as an emergency spare if something happens to my Verizon 4620LE hotspot.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a thread from a few months ago. This question about Straight talk, AT&T, Millenicom and Verizon hotspots has been asked numerous times, so there are all sorts of threads about them. This is just one of them.

Straight talk hotspot thread
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

They're owned by the same company.