cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converting Tav'ller 1000 to Shaw/Direct

CDNSENIOR
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Winegard Dish Net Trav'ller 1000 dish that we would like to convert to a Shaw/Direct.Is this possible to do?
Thank you George
8 REPLIES 8

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bell service is not available in the US so if you want any of the Canadian service while in the US you will need to use Shaw.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

tolljen
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. I am currently in the process of getting a new coach and we are discussing the satellite issue. We have the option of getting the Winegard Roadtrip Mission dome or alternatively the Trav'lers stationary unit. I am leaning to the Trav'lers dish however now am confused about which satellite provider to use. We are in Canada and will be using the RV in both Canada and US.

Some threads say that Shaw is good to use, except can only get 2 satellites in the lower US. Some say DISH is also a good alternative and can be used with Bell, however not great service etc. Can anyone give some experience to this issue.?

also can you switch the Trav'lers unit from Shaw to either DISH or Diect TV?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Next time, come here first! :B
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

CDNSENIOR
Explorer
Explorer
Yes thanks to you & others.This has been an expensive lesson learned.A heck of a lot more research the next time.Thanks again.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
As I am sure you have learned by now, that antenna is designed to update the older Trav'ler Shaw (722), 2 LNB antenna, to the new 3 LNB setup (733).

CDNSENIOR
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you both for your input.I am very disappointed in the camping world on line ad that indicated that this was to be a retro swap & now we are stuck with a Shaw 733 reflector kit that we cannot return because we do not have the box that it came in( the box was too large to put in our car so it was left at store).Guess I should have looked into this a lot more carefully(dumb azz me}Thanks again for your help.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is correct. This is not a possible conversion. Too many differences including a way too small motor to lift the antenna.

don_lou
Explorer
Explorer
Not possible to do-sorry!!
Don & Louise