Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CW Online Never Got Credit!

rdmike
Explorer
Explorer
Full story

Camping world owes me a credit on a failed online purchase. Two weeks ago they told me the credit would appear shortly on my credit card. Still nothing.

I have tried many times calling and being placed on hold. No more.

To me even looking at a Camping World is like looking at a restaurant that you got food poisoning from. Very bad experience.

This is to be a hobby, recreation, and they are taking the pleasure away quickly.

So what do you think I should do to get my credit? (about 30 dollars)

1. Call my bank and dispute the charge?

2. Let someone from their firm read and react to this post?

So tired of this. So many other places to spend my money.....
Fleetwood Providence 39L
Ford Fiesta Toad
Retired, spending our winters in Thailand / spring - fall traveling the great USA
13 REPLIES 13

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
100ton wrote:
I am guessing there was no delay in PUTTING THE CHARGE ON the OP's card. ๐Ÿ™‚

Never is!

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
I am guessing there was no delay in PUTTING THE CHARGE ON the OP's card. ๐Ÿ™‚
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide

rdmike
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello RDMike,

I am in the process of still working with my team on this and we will get back with you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Elizabeth

No problem, you can work it out now with Chase Bank as I have disputed the credit card charge like many others here have suggested.

Three types of companies in the world.

ones that make things happen

ones that watch things happen

ones that wonder what happened

I am done.
Fleetwood Providence 39L
Ford Fiesta Toad
Retired, spending our winters in Thailand / spring - fall traveling the great USA

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RDMike,

I am in the process of still working with my team on this and we will get back with you as soon as possible. Thank you.

Elizabeth

Unbelievable. Over six hours and the RAPID response team hasn't resolved this simple issue. What a joke.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RDMike,

Elizabeth

rdmike
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
Call your bank dispute the charge. Get on with your life. Spend your money elsewhere.

Well said and I agree. It seems I order something from others every week and have it delivered to where I hope to be. It always works as planned. If there is a delay, I see it on UPS tracking and delay myself a day or so.
Fleetwood Providence 39L
Ford Fiesta Toad

rdmike
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Hello RDMike,

I am looking into this for you right now. Depending on how this was credited back to you it can take some time, but I will have my team research this and reach out to you. Thank you.

Elizabeth
Marcus Rapid Response Team

Strange, when I ran a HW store and submitted CC credits, it would show up within a day on the customers card.

exactly! as soon as you batched, it would show up.

Later today I will email Chase and dispute the charge if I hear nothing back. They will dispute the whole charge not just a partial.
Fleetwood Providence 39L
Ford Fiesta Toad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Hello RDMike,

I am looking into this for you right now. Depending on how this was credited back to you it can take some time, but I will have my team research this and reach out to you. Thank you.

Elizabeth

Strange, when I ran a HW store and submitted CC credits, it would show up within a day on the customers card.

rdmike
Explorer
Explorer
Leeblev wrote:
Interesting!
I ordered a shade from Vacaville, CA store for my MH. Was told it would take a week. After a week, I spent hours trying to get the rep that ordered the part. Line was busy, he was not working (one said not working, other said he was), placed on ignore several times, once while waiting for a manager to help me. Finally got through to the rep who told me there would be a several week delay because the mfgr didn't have the part in stock. Decided to cancel order. Rep said he would and would call me right back after crediting my account. Didn't happen. Then got through, finally, and was told the rep would be off two days. Went to CW (45 miles) walked in, found 2 people working in parts/service and phones ringing off the hook. This rep immediately cancelled the order (should have been done two days earlier), immediately credited my account back W/O any issues.
He told me that he had probibly answered 250+ calls already that day and while I was there, he had two on hold and said 4 others on his direct extension. They appeared frazzled, to say the least.
Impression: They do not staff their parts/service Dept. adequately to handle the volume of walk-in and phone customers.
Both reps were courteous and helpful, and obviously overwhelmed by workload.
The reason I cancelled was that I needed the shade for a trip planned (then one month, now 2 weeks) and the part would arrive after I had departed.

You know, it sometimes can be minor to deal with stuff like this. I, like many have a "to do" list. We go through our list, and get things done. This task, just can't go away. If the customer response can help then great, otherwise I will do what you have said. They should just remove their phone number as no one answers anyway.
Fleetwood Providence 39L
Ford Fiesta Toad

rdmike
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RDMike,

Elizabeth

Please keep me posted.
Fleetwood Providence 39L
Ford Fiesta Toad

Leeblev
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting!
I ordered a shade from Vacaville, CA store for my MH. Was told it would take a week. After a week, I spent hours trying to get the rep that ordered the part. Line was busy, he was not working (one said not working, other said he was), placed on ignore several times, once while waiting for a manager to help me. Finally got through to the rep who told me there would be a several week delay because the mfgr didn't have the part in stock. Decided to cancel order. Rep said he would and would call me right back after crediting my account. Didn't happen. Then got through, finally, and was told the rep would be off two days. Went to CW (45 miles) walked in, found 2 people working in parts/service and phones ringing off the hook. This rep immediately cancelled the order (should have been done two days earlier), immediately credited my account back W/O any issues.
He told me that he had probibly answered 250+ calls already that day and while I was there, he had two on hold and said 4 others on his direct extension. They appeared frazzled, to say the least.
Impression: They do not staff their parts/service Dept. adequately to handle the volume of walk-in and phone customers.
Both reps were courteous and helpful, and obviously overwhelmed by workload.
The reason I cancelled was that I needed the shade for a trip planned (then one month, now 2 weeks) and the part would arrive after I had departed.
Lee

2001 36' Kountry Star DP

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello RDMike,

Elizabeth

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call your bank dispute the charge. Get on with your life. Spend your money elsewhere.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!