Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Directv card activation ??

Bill_T
Explorer
Explorer
Be gentle guys, a real newbie here.

I have a h21-200 receiver that has been disconnected for months. Will the card be deactivated, how will I know if it is activated or not?

Second question. I have an app that helps align the antenna. But I have to select the satellite from a pretty long list. How can I tell which satellite is the correct one for my system?

Thanks for any help.
Bill and Debbie
2007.5 SILVERADO HD DA CREWCAB LTZ 4X4 ARE CAP
2003 Nash 25S TT

2012 Lance 855S

1996 Coleman Taos pop-up
1970 jeepster,v-6
14 REPLIES 14

Bill_T
Explorer
Explorer
Changing to mutifunction in the setup menu did the trick. Thanks to all the suggestions and to drillking.

One last question. How do I save the setting "18"round" and "multifunction" ? When I turn the receiver off and then back on the setting go back to their previous setting?
Bill and Debbie
2003 Nash 25S TT

2012 Lance 855S

1996 Coleman Taos pop-up
1970 jeepster,v-6

Bill_T
Explorer
Explorer
Ha Ha drillking I don't have a clue what a B converter is. Like I said I'm a newbie. Probably will need a pro installer to figure it out. But I'm trying.
Bill and Debbie
2003 Nash 25S TT

2012 Lance 855S

1996 Coleman Taos pop-up
1970 jeepster,v-6

drillking
Explorer
Explorer
Also, if you've brought the receiver from your house don't use the B Converter
Sheridan & Barb
2014 Lifestyle LS37CKSL
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7 DRW
"On our way to the Gloryland with scenic stops along the way"!

drillking
Explorer
Explorer
Should be in multifunction.
Sheridan & Barb
2014 Lifestyle LS37CKSL
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7 DRW
"On our way to the Gloryland with scenic stops along the way"!

Bill_T
Explorer
Explorer
No luck this morning trying to get a signal. Did a little troubleshooting. Checked coax voltage leaving receiver, found 20vdc. checked coax voltage to dish, found 0vdc. Checked all connectors, checked voltage leaving switch going to dish, found 20vdc. Ohmed out coax to dish, 0 omhs. Reconnected and rechecked voltage at dish and now have 20vdc. Oh well maybe it will work now.

I have watched my nephew working on his Dish system and when he is in the signal search mode he has a beeping tone, I do not have any beeping or audio. Will that come when I start getting a signal?

Also when in setup I selected 18"round, there also is a selection for something like swm or muti, I left it in the swm. Was that correct?
Bill and Debbie
2003 Nash 25S TT

2012 Lance 855S

1996 Coleman Taos pop-up
1970 jeepster,v-6

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
There is no need to worry about setting the TV to channel 3 and/or turning on/off the antenna amplifier. Assuming you have a dedicated cable from the Satellite directly to the receiver and you will be using the HDMI input, it is unaffected by those settings.
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

Bill_T
Explorer
Explorer
Truck camper is still in the shed but I did hookup and power up the tv and receiver. Connected the cable from sat. dish to receiver, connected HDMI cable from tv to receiver, set tv to channel 3, made sure the tv antenna antenna amplifier was off. Set tv source to HDMI. Did a receiver reset. And turned on the tv and receiver. Did not expect to receive a signal and I did not receive a signal. Went to Menu and it went straight to searching for a signal.
So I figured I needed a signal before anything else will happen. makes sense that a signal will be required so Directv can reactivate the card.
Tomorrow I will pull the rig out to the field and attempt to aquire a signal.
Keep the tips coming. Thanks guys.
Bill and Debbie
2003 Nash 25S TT

2012 Lance 855S

1996 Coleman Taos pop-up
1970 jeepster,v-6

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
gatorcq wrote:
Does anyone want to tell him, his receiver needs to be connected to the Satellite and be receiving a signal or a telephone jack?
And his receiver need to be plugged in and turned on...? ๐Ÿ™‚
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone want to tell him, his receiver needs to be connected to the Satellite and be receiving a signal or a telephone jack?
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
You don't have to call them. You can re-activate online. If your app simply shows the satellite position, you may be better of just using the receiver azimuth/elevation.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bill_T
Explorer
Explorer
OK guys got it. Thanks for your help. Probably will be back with more questions. Sure was simple in the 'old days" when all you had to do was turn the antenna pole and have someone tell you when you were locked in.
Bill and Debbie
2003 Nash 25S TT

2012 Lance 855S

1996 Coleman Taos pop-up
1970 jeepster,v-6

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
With DirecTV after 30 days of no activity the card is locked. Call them with the receiver number and they will activate the card. I have also re-activated it by "refreshing" it online. Satellite 101 is correct as donn0128 said.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
The cell phone apps show you where you have a clear view of the southern sky. The sat you need to find is 101 for Directv. From there you will need to go to receiver setup and use the signal display to fine tune the antenna. As an alternative a n inexpensive meter like one of the used Birdogs will allow you to fine tune the signal without having to connect to the receiver until your done outside.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
My SAT RECEIVER would lose it card setting all the time when I disconnected to use in my camper. Just call the DIRECTV 800 number and have your current DIRECTV account number handy.

I always had my account number taped to the side of my SAT RCVR haha...

You can also login to DIRECTV and reset it there using your account number...

Have no idea about the fancy CELL PHONE APPs

I still use one of these in-line tone boxes

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS