cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

directv occasional use

red_ranger
Explorer
Explorer
can i turn a dtv reciever on for a month then off again?
anyone do this regurly?
thanks
red
9 REPLIES 9

red_ranger
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for your replies. i wanted to turn a receiver on and off like i did with dish as we don't use it that much. i just signed up with directv and got an sd dish and receiver to use in the rv. now i have to decide if it's worth having for a month and pay for the whole year. i don't want to mess with the dvr, hd, multi sat, etc.when i'm on the road.

Popsie
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard that AT&T has made a deal to buy DirecTV, and that to get in line with AT&T, DirecTV is adapting their customer support to be more Company oriented and less customer oriented.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to have a service where you can turn it off and on several times a year, then Dish is the only service for you.

Direct will let you turn off and back on twice a year which really sucks. Looks like they don't want to fool around with those with an rv.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
You can suspend entire service 2x per year. You cannot suspend a receiver. If you have service at home, take one of the home receivers with you?
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Directv suspend account
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, you can turn it on and off as much as you want.
Of course, you still have to pay for it while it's off, but that's not what you asked. ๐Ÿ˜‰

FLman2
Explorer
Explorer
Just called Direct, and was told no we don't offer that, and this was after talking to 4 different people. Have a dome satellite on the coach that is set up for direct, which the previous owners had.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Even with the old plan you could turn it off but it would extend the contract by the time you had it off.

There were some limits on how often and how long you could have it off.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read recently that Direct now offers a month to month plan like Dish. If you have Direct at home, why not simply take the receiver from home and avoid paying for an extra receiver?