cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Network Arbitration

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone else see the new notice Dish sent their customers? If you don't fill out a form and send it to them (which they will likely lose)you give up your right to a jury trial and being part of a class action.
28 REPLIES 28

az99
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure why I would want to sue them either, but their liars sure must know why, if they are trying to take our right away.

And in a rather sneaky manner for my taste. They know 85% of the people don't read those types of notices.

I can think of several reasons why Dish, Direct and any cable co. would be named in a class action. But I do agree that only the liars profit from a class action.

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
Unfortunate sign of our times.

Says it all. And it's probably only going to get worse. ๐Ÿ˜ž
And would anyone like to speculate as to why this becoming the norm? Think whiplash judgements back in the 60's as a history lesson.
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Unfortunate sign of our times.

Says it all. And it's probably only going to get worse. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
az99 wrote:
Did anyone else see the new notice Dish sent their customers? If you don't fill out a form and send it to them (which they will likely lose)you give up your right to a jury trial and being part of a class action.

Get used to it. This is not a new practice among big providers of services. Learn more, here: Mandatory arbitration
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
obgraham wrote:
I don't disagree with others, but I find it pretty arrogant when a business wants you to waive any right to sue. Why don't they just concentrate on providing good service?

It does not matter how good the service is, if a fraction of a percent are unhappy that is all it would take to start some litigation. And lawyers are more than happy to do it. And then the company is on a time line to notify all involved. And they can't wait for everyone to respond, as some would never would. So they issue a respond by date to make a choice, and then proceed. You either choose to be a part of it, or not. Simple as that. Unfortunate sign of our times.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems I've missed something along the way. What is the issue being sued/arbitrated over?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
I don't disagree with others, but I find it pretty arrogant when a business wants you to waive any right to sue. Why don't they just concentrate on providing good service?

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
hermy wrote:
yup- I got mine too, but I agree with a previous poster that I cannot really think of a reason why I would feel the need for a jury trial against Dish. If I read the notice properly it merely means that I would have to be a part of an arbitration or class action suit. That suits me fine. I don't want our court systems in gridlock because some clown thinks he needs to sue somebody over his television viewing.

Well said.

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
nypatnva wrote:
I can't think of any reason I would want to sue DISH. Can you? If they P--- me off, I'll just cancel and go to DIRECT TV, OTA, or cable. They are not the only deal in town.

I've thought of Direct many times but I have no reason to believe they are any better.
Larry

hermy
Explorer
Explorer
yup- I got mine too, but I agree with a previous poster that I cannot really think of a reason why I would feel the need for a jury trial against Dish. If I read the notice properly it merely means that I would have to be a part of an arbitration or class action suit. That suits me fine. I don't want our court systems in gridlock because some clown thinks he needs to sue somebody over his television viewing.

nypatnva
Explorer
Explorer
I can't think of any reason I would want to sue DISH. Can you? If they P--- me off, I'll just cancel and go to DIRECT TV, OTA, or cable. They are not the only deal in town.
2016 dodge ram
champion generator 1978 Serro Scotty Highlander (restored)

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
You can download the from from dish and send it in yourself-
http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/arbitration-opt-out.pdf

Apparently, a lot has to do with what State you reside in.
-- Chris Bryant

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
I got it. I haven't quite decided how I feel about it. While Dish has done some slimey things over my many years as a customer, one of which involved an attorney, I think I prefer arbitration anyway. The only ones that seem to win class action suits are the attorneys.
Larry

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I did not receive one, yet.
Hopefully an attorney on the forum will comment on giving up your right to a jury trial or class action suit.