cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Journalling and Recordkeeping

Teccora
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a favorite software for journaling, vehicle maintenance, planning etc? There was an app called RVNotebook, but it is gone.

Ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I keep the three separately.
On my laptop I keep a running log of every excursion. It begins a day with time underway and runs as narrative including fuel stop time and mile until the end of the day. The EOD note has time, mile and location (sometimes this is lat/long because we really don't know the name for the location).
As I write the mile on every fuel slip, if I miss one, I still have it.
I keep a small spiral book that now has headings for Engine, Transmission, Chassis, APU (generator), Batteries and Coach. I use this to record both required repairs and scheduled services.
Also on the laptop is a file called "Coach Needs". This is a file of things that are coming up and may/will need attention or just upgrades I want to do. It is nice to have this check off list and slide things to the done part.

Important Note: Anything on a computer can be lost at any time. So, if you don't have a Dropbox account get one. Any time you have internet, it will update the files stored there. This is sometimes active and you may have to remember to do it, but then when the laptop or tablet crashes, you can still recover what you were try to keep safe.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Teccora
Explorer
Explorer
New app RVNotepad claims to be able to import RVNotebook datafiles. Could try that.

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
It was actually called RV'ers Notebook, from IV Software (Mickey Ivey). It's a Microsoft Access application, and still runs well -- even on Windows 10.

Unfortunately, when Mickey passed away in ~2008, his family could no longer keep the application going.

If someone still has their disk and isn't using it anymore, you might be able to get them to send you the disk. (Sorry, I'm still using mine, and very happy with it!)

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
I am still using RV Notebook but have started to hedge my bets and look for another program. I have tried a few other programs but nothing I like as well as RV Notebook. I also keep an Excel spreadsheet with different tabs for campgrounds, fill-ups, maintenance, etc.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Excell does a really nice job keeping track of things.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV