cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Paper journal recommendations

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for some recommendations on a paper journal. We are looking at The Camper's Journal on Amazon and it looks good. But would like to hear what others are using. I do not want to use an electronic log. looking for recommendations on paper only. Trying to keep track of when and where we have been. What we might do again and what we never want to do again. I did a search but did not come up with a good answer.
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff
15 REPLIES 15

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
We've always used hard bound journals. We get ours at book stores. Just like a hard back book, but plain paper. Available in various sizes, lined or unlined.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever you chose get one with a plain cover you can write on.
Use it as an index, highlighting the years events.
After 20 years its hard to find that entry you want, believe me.

example

August... grand canyon
Sept... son's graduation

etc

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
been using one of the store bought ringed campers journal. Over ten years of camping in similar places/times leaves a lot of jumbled memories. Its nice to keep notes on date, location, who was there etc. I like to fill in about the weather, unusual circumstances, rv issues etc etc. Helps also to record prices so you have an idea of just what it "used" to cost in your favorite places. Filled the first journal last year, now onto number two.

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning on using a 3 ring binder with alphabetical tabs, and use a " by State" method.
Then if I need to in the future, I can seperate each State by Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western as my list grows.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Truck stop....small 3 ring binder with RV Journal inserts
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Camper's Daily Log available through Camping World. We have used it since 1991 and it has proved to be invaluable in many instances to find a good campground quickly or just to reminiscence. I've had laptops since 1991 but would have lost stored data several times. Plus you can reference or input to a hard copy at anytime without the need for a boot up or power requirement.

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
I know you said you didn't want to go electronic, but you might consider starting a blog. I use Google blogger. Its free. The best part, you can upload photos. You do not have to make it public if you choose not to. By doing a blog, the record is always there, plus you can share it with family and friends
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Spiral notebooks here. 1 per year. My wife writes a daily log.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We use a diary made for boaters but I like the spiral notebook idea. If you buy a relatively thin diary it would not have to last years and years which would save the pages from falling out with a think one.
Or maybe use one per season.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Stars101
Explorer
Explorer
Marble Composition notebook. That way the pages don't fall out like a spiral notebook over time.

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
I made my own on Microsoft word. I can print additional pages when I need it. Keep them in a 3 ring binder. Send me a PM with your email & I'll be glad to send you a copy.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

travelbayshore1
Explorer
Explorer
Same here - I use the 8.5x11 legal pad type paper and make my notes all day - in the evening I key into my laptop the day's adventures. Works great for us.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We picked up a journal/log at the local office supply place. Prior to going full time, we used plain spiral notebooks. You do not need a special "camping" titles book.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Same as JT. We used simple notebooks.

Today, I use Excel Spreadsheet (helps calc miles, number nights camped, etc). I have it formatted to print out similar to what we use to do in our notebook.