cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Logs,Blogs and Journals

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have seen many of these in the signatures of the people here.
Some are site specific, such as Truck Campers, Toy Haulers, Fulltimers, or many of the other Forums.

Some are insightful and helpful others funny or light hearted. Still others give great advice on where to go and what to do and others invite you into their Family or give out Great Recipes and cooking hints They all have something to say.

I have viewed many and some I go back to and some I don't.

Here is my question, or questions.

Do many of you do this, are there some types that you like more than others or have you Bookmarked them ?

What are your favorite ones and would you share them with the rest of us?

I am always looking for something new and adventurous. Aren't we all that Camp, RV, Boondock, Fulltime and hit the Open Road?
So lets hear from you all, what are your favorites.( Other than your own of course :B )
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
27 REPLIES 27

livelylittlecam
Explorer
Explorer
We started a family travel blog for one simple reason: to create a scrapbook of great memories for our kids. To our surprise, others have enjoyed it as well.

Best--JP

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
I don't read others blogs, but I do keep a private one for myself as a journal. I think it is much more important to live life, then read about others living theirs.

I'm sure there are exceptions, like those that are physically unable to travel, but for the most part like Nike says "just do it." The hardest part of any voyage is casting off the dock lines.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
For my trip to Alaska 10 years ago, I kept a journal on 'notepad' and EMailed it to a few friends whenever I had a network connection. I still have it, and enjoy reading and remembering from time to time.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

TheFitRV_James
Explorer
Explorer
We started our blog (in the signature) to provide some resources for those who want to try to incorporate a little fitness into their RV travels. But in addition to the fitness resources, we do reviews of other B and B+ motorhomes which also seem to be popular. as well as regular blog-type entries.
2003 Forest River MB Cruiser - Completely rebuilt in 2012
Follow our adventures on our blog, The Fit RV!

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
I started our blog for two reasons: 1. Was to keep family and friends up to date as to where we were and what we were doing, and 2. Its a permanent place to keep photographs and a way for us to look back at places we have been. I love history so when we go somewhere, I like to include facts about our visits. I dont do campground reviews on blog, but I do keep a notebook with reviews.
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
CrowdedCamperMom wrote:
I started blogging because I couldn't find answers to questions I had as a beginner full timer. I still can't find answers so I just started writing. My blog has zero educational value, but I use it for stress relief when the kids, dogs and fish in the camper are closing in on me. The whole purpose is to laugh and share it, and hopefully get answers to our camper problems at the same time.
If you're interested it's www.CrowdedCamper.com today's topic is a dog, deer and a toddler toilet behind a crowded camper. I don't post about where we are but more about the drama going on in the camper. I like other blogs that make me laugh as well. Or those wth lots of good pictures of travels.
Check out my blog if you just need a Monday laugh.
Becky
The Crowded Camper Mom
Blog www.crowdedcamper.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/thecrowdedcamper

I've been reading yours and enjoying it. ๐Ÿ™‚ It's nice to hear others have similar issues and trials!
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

CrowdedCamperMo
Explorer
Explorer
I started blogging because I couldn't find answers to questions I had as a beginner full timer. I still can't find answers so I just started writing. My blog has zero educational value, but I use it for stress relief when the kids, dogs and fish in the camper are closing in on me. The whole purpose is to laugh and share it, and hopefully get answers to our camper problems at the same time.
If you're interested it's www.CrowdedCamper.com today's topic is a dog, deer and a toddler toilet behind a crowded camper. I don't post about where we are but more about the drama going on in the camper. I like other blogs that make me laugh as well. Or those wth lots of good pictures of travels.
Check out my blog if you just need a Monday laugh.
Becky
The Crowded Camper Mom
Blog www.crowdedcamper.com
Becky
The Crowded Camper Mom
My blog Www.crowdedcamper.com

lasparrot
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:

Thanks for the input! I hadn't thought about that. Curious if people would actually buy that sort of thing.

There is at least one app on the android store that has checklists, including one for loading up your rv. You can also make your own checklist. I can't remember what it is called, and my tablet is asleep in the other room!
Laura and Carm traveling with 3 dogs & 1 African Grey Congo parrot in a 2010 Titanium 30e35sa 5th wheel - love it!
Blog: pursuitofidlepleasures / A dog's perspective: Spike's Journal

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
ependydad wrote:
Drat. No one named my blog. ๐Ÿ™‚

I follow a few whose writings capture my interest with wittiness and style. But I have a hard time finding time to read blogs these days. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I read your blog. I mean this in a nice kind of way...As much detail as you go into, have you thought selling check lists? I mean you get down to the nut and bolt level. Some people need that. Following your directions, how could anybody go wrong? I know on our awning, I follow a check list step by step and wife double checks me.

Thanks for the input! I hadn't thought about that. Curious if people would actually buy that sort of thing.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

pasco1215
Explorer
Explorer
We never blog or have Internet newsletter. For our Alaska trip this year we used the apple "app" called "Day One" for our personal diary with pictures. Using "Day One" we were able to share our adventure with our family and friends via email. This seemed to work very well.
We have followed a few favorites for years. RV- Dreams and Roadlife are a couple of them.
HAPPY RVing! :W
2007 TIFFIN ALLEGRO BUS "R RV"
2004 Saturn SUV "R VUE"
Our Co-Pilot "PASCO" the pearl white schnauzer

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
I blog about photography which includes concert photography, gear, our travels, etc. I am not as active as I should be and am behind not only on editing images but writing about several recent trips. The recent 6 week trip report is about ? completed. If you are interested in my blog, it is in my signature.

I subscribe to a few photography blogs by photographers I admire. Sometimes I will read a blog on certain locations from a Google search for info. Ditto what someone said about RV Sue.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

lasparrot
Explorer
Explorer
I follow a few blogs (Me and my dog ; rv sue ; Merikay ; and a few others I can't think of the exact names of). Most of them are woman rvers - I marvel in their independence!

I keep my own blog, mainly as a "diary" of sorts. I print it out once a year and have a cool book to look back on. This year my book will include my 5 week trip to NZ, and our 6 week trip to Alberta in the rv. What memories! Not just photos, but a verbal commentary of the experience.

Plus it is good writing practice, and keeps my brain working just a bit. Because I like to post most days I am usually more aware of what is going on around me as I'm looking for ideas. Perhaps it helps me to be more mindful.

I'm sure it isn't very interesting to many people, but there are 30 to 60 reads every day!
Laura and Carm traveling with 3 dogs & 1 African Grey Congo parrot in a 2010 Titanium 30e35sa 5th wheel - love it!
Blog: pursuitofidlepleasures / A dog's perspective: Spike's Journal

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Never done, Logs, Blogs, or journals...

What I did was build picture books with captions on shutterfly.com of all our family camping trips.( I have about 30 books) This way 20 yrs from now I will still have hard copy's of all are camping memories and I can always prove on the spot that we did take are kids places!! LOL :B

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

RoadLife
Explorer
Explorer
I started blogging on our trip to Alaska for friends and family. THat trip I met several folks that were following our blog - they were in Alaska that year too! I still follow their blogs and we keep in touch. Lowestravels.com is a favorite.

My blog has been quiet for a bit as we bought a homebase in Santa Fe. But we are just setting out for warmer weather so expect lots of reports from RoadLife!
ROADLIFE

RV Part Timers Blog

2003 40' Allegro BUS - 2 slides
2013 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 OffRoad 2014 XC60 Volvo
Shasta - Australian Shepherd; Boomer - Brittany;
Pancho - border terrier