cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dishnet work

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
does any one no if dish network works in Canada. I want to purchase a dish vip 2112 receiver from camping world. I have a winegaurd carry out dish so wondering if the dish will work when iam at home in Canada. We will be taking a few trips south this summer so I need my nascar fix on sundays when were away
7 REPLIES 7

kirbybear
Explorer
Explorer
I have had reception on 110 and 119 in Huntsville Ont.

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
lee worsdell wrote:
does any one no if dish network works in Canada. I want to purchase a dish vip 2112 receiver from camping world. I have a winegaurd carry out dish so wondering if the dish will work when iam at home in Canada. We will be taking a few trips south this summer so I need my nascar fix on sundays when were away

This may help.
Clicky
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
powderman426 wrote:
Canada is a big place. Do a search for " Dish footprint". To see if it will work where your at. They have really trimmed the footprint down so it is unlikely it will work unless close to the border.

Best advice given... WIll it work in Canada is a question we can not possibly answer without knowing where in Canada.. For example.. Windsor, Likely yes since that is actually SOUTH of Detroit.

Yukon.. Not so sure.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

oldbeek
Explorer
Explorer
I have dish at home. I bought a 211 receiver and dish 3 head antenna off of the internet. Then I called dish to have it turned on. They would have given me the 211 receiver, the dish and all the cable for $50.00 The tech did give me an addition dish antenna and portable stand to mount it on.
1994 27sl Alpenlite with many mods, 2001 Dodge Cummins 2x4 3.54 Auto trans built shift kit and 2nd gear lock up mod. Mojave Green billet, triple disc low stall torque converter. Gauges and raptor 3/8inch fuel system. 12.5 mpg avg

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Yes DISH should work in your location, Phelpston Ontario. At your location using the DISH Eastern Arc satellites, 61.5-72.7-77, you will have an elevation angle of approximately 38 degrees. This site angle should get you over most obstacles. To give you a height reference, at a distance of 50.0M from the antenna you would clear a 39.3M obstacle.

Dave_From_AK
Explorer
Explorer
When traveling back up to Alaska from the west coast, we lost Dish service within a couple hundred miles of the Washington border with our 18" dish. We have a single-LNB 30" dish that works all the way up to Anchorage as long as there aren't mountains in the way. The Dish satellites are very low on the horizon up there.

The little Winegard Carryout dish is not going to work very far north of the border.
Dave Rudisill
2004 Beaver Monterey

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Canada is a big place. Do a search for " Dish footprint". To see if it will work where your at. They have really trimmed the footprint down so it is unlikely it will work unless close to the border.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work