cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Download Napster music?

Alias2a
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,I look for some software to download Napster music from internet if possible.Any Help?
6 REPLIES 6

MattontheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
I wasn't aware that Napster was legal now. My apologies. There was no intention of an accusation towards anyone.

When you use something like Audacity, Cubase, Cakewalk or any other audio recording software, it needs a mic to grab the sound. An internal microphone of a laptop just isn't high tech enough to create the quality of sound you get on an MP3.
Matt

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
MattontheRoad wrote:
There are many different programs you can use to download music, Audacity is a recording program, while Napster is a downloading program. Honestly, the best way to go will probably be iTunes, simply because it's legal. Songs are as cheap as $0.99 each.

No recording program will give you the same kind of sound you would get form the original recording unless you're using an incredibly expensive mic to do so.

Recently, a company in Montreal has started collecting the names of over 1,000,000 individuals with the intention of taking them to court. There will soon be many more, and their list of clients is growing fast. You should just be aware of the possible consequences of pirating before you decide to. It's highly unlikely that anyone's name is on the list in this thread, but it's just good to be aware.

Umm, no. Napster/Rhasody is legal. So please don't throw out veiled accusations. And I wouldn't install iTunes on anything I own. And what does an expensive mic have to do with downloading and recording the stream?
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

MattontheRoad
Explorer
Explorer
There are many different programs you can use to download music, Audacity is a recording program, while Napster is a downloading program. Honestly, the best way to go will probably be iTunes, simply because it's legal. Songs are as cheap as $0.99 each.

No recording program will give you the same kind of sound you would get form the original recording unless you're using an incredibly expensive mic to do so.

Recently, a company in Montreal has started collecting the names of over 1,000,000 individuals with the intention of taking them to court. There will soon be many more, and their list of clients is growing fast. You should just be aware of the possible consequences of pirating before you decide to. It's highly unlikely that anyone's name is on the list in this thread, but it's just good to be aware.
Matt

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
Napster?

Napster is no longer Rhapsody gobbled it up and raised the cost for new subscribers.

MOG sounds better and it's cheaper anyway try Applian Replay Music.
Single license is $9.95...

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Audials looks very cool but it appears to be limited to use only with Napster. Try Audacity. Its free and you can capture any audio on your PC.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
I would first read the terms of use for Napster before recording. That said, I use Audio Hijack to record things like aA Prairie Home Companion to listen to while driving. It is not free but works well.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.