cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I Phone 6 Reviews

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Now that the I phone 6 has been out for awhile I am looking for user reviews from people that have them. Is the 6 plus too large.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}
18 REPLIES 18

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
I just ordered an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB model from Apple. It was unavailable for pickup in Apple stores at this time and they say 3-4 weeks with free shipping. I had an order in with Target from the first week available but it seems all they ever have are 16GB models and they couldn't tell me if and when they would ever get in what I wanted. Their website says available in store only yet when I check availability no Minnesota store had them. So I gave up on them. Too bad for me though, because I do get a 10% retiree discount on top of a 5% Target Redcard discount if I bought through them. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I'm amazed at the demand for iPhones. I thought after a month everything would have died down. I went to the Apple Store yesterday Friday at 2 PM in the afternoon and it was packed with people. They had a sign placard set up to order iPhones and there were a half dozen people standing in line waiting to place orders. So, I asked. They were sold out of every type of iPhone. They suggested I just order it online. They said when they did get shipments in (every day) they have been snapped up almost immediately.

I've gotten by with a 32GB 4S but I am thinking with slow motion video and all that I will probably eat up a lot more gigabytes now. 32GB was already requiring me to edit out my photos, videos and apps that I didn't use so I figured 64GB might not be enough.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing negative I have read of late is the 6 plus crashes is you have over 700 app's installed. I am still trying to figure out who installs 700 plus app's, I do not know anyone.
Just a comment about where to get it. If you get it at Costco it is less than most other places, and you have 90 days to return it. If you are a California Resident, you are aware you pay sales tax on the full retail price, even if you are getting it with a 2 years contract. At Costco you only pay sales tax on the wholesale price, so you save a little bit there. I do not work for Costco, nor do I have a financial interest in them.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked at the 6 specs and decided to upgrade my 32GB 4S to a "like-new" 64GB 5S. The 5S fits horizontally at the bottom of my front pocket and feels extremely light in comparison to the 4S. I don't think the 6 would fit as well, I would have to carry it vertically in my pocket. As far as speed the 5S is up to 4X the speed of the 4S on some benchmarks whereas the 6 is about 25% -50% faster than the 5S. With a $0 cost with 4S trade-in, a good deal, except I needed some extra lightning cables. I was just about out of space so needed the 64GB of space (too many camping photos and videos and music). My 4S battery also needed to be replaced after nearly 3 years.

DW stayed with her 4S, she is a lighter user and the 4S fits a specific purse pocket.

The only 6 feature I miss is digital video stabilization.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Went by my Verizon store today to look at the 6 and the 6 plus. I was able to put the 6 plus in my pocket while it was still tethered to a alarm system. Said it would be 3-4 weeks before they have some in stock.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
My son loves his new 6. He didn't get the plus.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
I still don't have an iPhone 6 Plus but did make a mock up from a cedar shingle that I have carried around, handled, tested pockets, etc. I ordered from Target because I will save on a discount but am starting to get a bit impatient. ๐Ÿ˜ž

The optical image stabilization and larger screen for post photo editing are the two biggest reasons I want it. I use an iPhone more as a camera and Internet device than a phone.

The mock up next to my iPhone 4S
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Duck wrote:
Some great information. I was looking at the 6+ but like to carry the phone in my front pocket. As I get older the larger screen would help me but I want to carry it in my front pocket.
Don

Apple online and Apple Stores have a 14 day return policy. Try the phone out and if you don't like it return it. I know a couple of people bought the iPhone 6 and replaced it a few days later with the Plus.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
I carry the 6-plus in my front pocket with no issues. THE PHONE WILL NOT BEND UNLESS YOU SIT ON IT! It's not made of aluminum foil!

If you are a tight pants fashion-ista, I suppose it may be difficult to put it in your pocket, but I have no such issues.

Suggestion....... Go to a phone store, or Best Buy and put your hands on the phone to see for yourself.

Duck wrote:
Some great information. I was looking at the 6+ but like to carry the phone in my front pocket. As I get older the larger screen would help me but I want to carry it in my front pocket.
Don
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

I have heard that people that place the 6+ in their front pocket have had bending issues.... But then again , it's usually kids and their skinny jeans...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD

PUCampin
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 6 and my wife the 6+ We both love them! Since my phone lives in my front pocket, the 6+ was just too big especially with a case. The 6 with a basic Speck case fits about the same as my old 4 did. My wife always has her purse, so the 6+ with the massive case she got for it is a non-issue. Apple finally got the energy consumption down, and battery life is awsome. I am not a real heavy user, and have gottn by with 2 days without charging. IMHO, the 6 and 6+ are a much bigger step than any of the previous intervals, and if trying to decide between the 5s or a 6 it is a no brainer to me.

The cameras are also very good. Even though they are the "same megapixle" count as before and much less than the competitors, what is more important is the sensor size and density. The sensor is a bit bigger, the density is lower, so it takes less light to saturate it making it noticably better in low light than any other phone camera I have seen, which to us is important!
2007 Expedition EL 4x4 Tow pkg
1981 Palomino Pony, the PopUp = PUCampin! (Sold)
2006 Pioneer 180CK = (No more PUcampin!):B

Me:B DW:) and the 3 in 3 :E
DD:B 2006, DS ๐Ÿ˜› 2007, DD :C 2008

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
The iPhone 6 Plus is quite large, but I think it's an awesome phone.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

Deputy_Chief_P_
Explorer
Explorer
I have been waiting a long while for Apple to manufacture a larger screen like the Android. I lOVE, LOVE my iPhone Plus. It is wonderful, especially for those of us who are challenged in seeing close up. It makes surfing the net and playing games so much easier. I cannot think of any negative aspects of a larger screen. I highly recommend making the purchase.
My advice is worth what you paid for it!

Both of us are Retired Law Enforcement

2003 Pace Arrow 36B
Ansel Adams Edition
3 slide outs
FMCA
Good Sams Lifetime Member

2014 Jeep Patriot Toad