cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kindle settings

DC_MC
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a Kindle that is several years old. For some reason it no longer shows a page number or the percentage of the book left. I must have accidentally changed something but canโ€™t figure it out
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ
8 REPLIES 8

lovemountains
Explorer
Explorer
Just tried Bighat's suggestion on my paperwhite and it allowed me to cycle from location, minutes left in chapter or book, to nothing. That's certainly easier than my suggestions earlier! The % in lower right stayed throughout the cycling.
Thanks for making it easier!

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
As I recall, simply touch the lower corner to cycle through the page/time/place options. Try both corners. (for a Paperwhite)
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

lovemountains
Explorer
Explorer
If you do a factory reset, it does delete your books, but when you register again using your same Amazon login, all of your books will return to your Kindle.

However, I don't think a factory reset would help with your settings.

You can do a search on your Kindle for KINDLE and Kindle User's Guide should show up.

lovemountains
Explorer
Explorer
It can be confusing, because when your Kindle is updated, the menus and how to access them may change.

My Kindle Paperwhite has a touch screen. To get to settings I touch the top of the screen. Two rows of icons show up. On the second row touch Aa. You will see a menu with FONT, PAGE, READING SETTINGS. Chose READING SETTINGS, and then you can choose TIME LEFT IN CHAPTER or TIME LEFT IN BOOK. Either of those will also show % in the lower right corner.

If your Kindle doesn't have a touch screen, I am not sure how to get to the settings. Our Kindle Keyboard died a number of years ago.

ReadyToGo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 3, 4'and 5th Gen kindle. I know of no settings for that. It is just automatic. Have you done a 40second reset? That doesn't delete your books.
Next would be factory reset. That does delete books.
Have you called Amazon? Yesterday was a 1 minute wait.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I'd do a Google search with the Kindle model. The later models have touch screen but not the original Kindle.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATES ~~ they sneak up every once inna while.. Hate it when someone move the furniture when i ain't lookin'.

Wind_River
Explorer
Explorer
Try swiping up from the bottom of the page or touch the bottom of the page in the center.
2019 Ford F250 XLT Super Duty 4X4 6.7 Power Stroke
2004 Jayco Jay Flight 25RKS
Equal-i-zer Hitch, 3502 Ultra Fab Tongue Jack
Twin Honda 2000i w/parallel kit