cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for an Alternative to Photobucket

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
Photobucket advertising is using up too much of our available bandwidth. Any other similar services without a lot of video adverts?
Thanks.
22 REPLIES 22

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Just for information - if you don't like Photobucket....

From the TinyPic site:
TinyPicยฎ owned and operated by Photobucket.com, a free Image and Video Hosting company.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I didn't know Picasa did photo hosting. Peggy uses it for photo managing on her computer, but I didn't know they did hosting. Learn something new every day. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you look at Picasa? I don't post or share many pics, but it has worked for me so far.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
GoPackGo wrote:
I also use, and like, Dropbox.

Ditto.. Also When people post Photobucket Photos this laptop says "OUCH" (I have something installed that does not allow photobuckets)

But no tribble with Dropbox.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
If you are using Windows 8.1 consider Microsoft OneDrive.

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Flickr

see it in the "pictures" link in my signature.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Flickr
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

pee-paw
Explorer
Explorer
I use ThisLife.com
2009 Bounder 35H
2011 CRV Toad

Explorer
Explorer
I looked at and tried a number of alternatives to Photobucket. I use the photos on Photobucket to link to show images on a blogsite. I even tried using my albums on Facebook which work at the beginning and then after several months stop showing on the site even though links have not changed and the images are still in the FB album. I have not been able to find anything better for his purpose than Photobucket. Every other one that I tried had more limitations, wanted money after a short period, or just did not work. You have to put up with their bandwidth and storage limitations on a free account. You get more storage if you install their mobile app. You can pay them to stop all limits on your account. If this is something that is more than casual usage and you have a business set up with these images then it seems to be worthwhile looking at their subscription packages.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ImageEvent.com
Small fee, no ads

It's not likely you'll find a free site sans ads.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ronfisherman
If all you want is to post pictures on RV.NET or other forums. Try RV.NET: Photo Upload & Post.
I use Foxfire with Adblock Plus on Photobucket. I see no Ad's on any site.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Jerry0312
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Dropbox for easy access to docs while on road. excellent product.

netaq
Explorer
Explorer
I've used Flickr for a long time.
2016 Sierra 371REBH
2016 Ram 3500 Big Horn 6.7/Aisin

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the options, one can get out of touch pretty quick. Photobucket is a Dinosaur, IMO.