cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One Dish Hopper at home and another in the MH?

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dish is telling me they won't let me have a Hopper at home and a second one in the MH. Anybody else run into this issue? If so, what was your work around?

I do have the option of just putting the home Hopper in the MH for the winter.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
2 REPLIES 2

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We have one Hopper with Sling (H2) permanently installed in our motorhome and a second H2 installed at our Adirondack vacation cottage. Both are purchased units though, and we are not under any contract with Dish. On the road, we use a portable tripod mounted dish, and the cottage has a permanently installed dish that's equipped to connect two Hoppers when we're parked there. On the road, we can use the Dish Anywhere app to access either Hopper, and when we're at the cottage, the two Hoppers communicate with each other to share DVR access. When we're away from the cottage, which is most of the time, we change our service location as needed with Dish, which also changes the cottage Hopper, so we lose the sat locals there. The cottage Hopper does get the locals well with an OTA antenna though, so we can still tell it to record network programming that we would otherwise miss while under way. I'd suggest telling Dish you want two Hoppers in your house and then relocating one to your RV yourself. You may have to purchase the second Hopper from Dish or a dealer though, to have it activated on your existing account. There are several online Dish dealer sources with reasonable prices.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the 1 from home. No big deal unless you leave someone at home