cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Over the air reception question

rvingxtc
Explorer
Explorer
Went camping last weekend, cranked up the antenna, adjusted the signal meter, and pulled in 9 channels on the TV in the living room. (Jensen, stock one that came with the trailer). Turned on the no name brand TV I bought for the bedroom and pulled in 20 stations. Anyone know why the difference in reception of stations between the 2 TV's?
17 REPLIES 17

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Oh come on guys, the RV salesman said it is an RV television without any moving parts and rugged enough to withstand the banging around in an RV. Surly he must know what he is talking about, he's an RV salesman.

Okay, that was a slam on salesmen. So here is what I did, went to Best Buy and bought two Insignia TV sets and they always work and cost half of a Jensen. The viewing angle is great and the DW or the DGKs can change channels for me from the bedroom.

Oh! that's not good is it, messing with the old "GDude".
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
The quality of the tuner & other electronics in the Jensen is rock-bottom, producing a very poor signal/noise ratio through the TV.... therefore no picture.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Brand. Replace the Original Equipment one with one from Walmart. OEM stuff is designed for Manufacturers to install cheaply. If it works, ok. If it doesn't work very well, that's OK also.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.