Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"GOOGLE!" Gurgle

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It isn't just me...

Google and especially Google Mail has been too often going on the fritz.

I can reach India, China, Argentina, Jeruselum, Mom & Pop Hardware Sales in Fumbuck Kentucky but CANNOT CONTACT SERVER spanning days even weeks when I go to Google or get Google Mail. My bank secure site? eBay and Amazon purchases? No problemo?

Is this a perpetual ongoing GOOGLE hookah "quiet moment" in Silicon Valley?
8 REPLIES 8

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
rockhillmanor wrote:
What I have noticed is that if you google anything about politics ie president, etc. it does NOT give you current real time info any more.Someone has gotten to google. IE your federal government. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Put your foil away...

If you google TWEET as you did, yes tweet is in real time.

Try googling news and you will not get a search result within real right now time. All the search results will be at least a day old. so you can't respond to a current news piece. A current news story does not show up on google search by days sometimes.

Many of us still like to read the 'whole' story NOT just a 140 word fart about it with OUT the facts. :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
If you read the privacy statement yes. Once you click ok you give them the right to go into your contacts and everything else. It's all their in the privacy statement. BTW if you read the privacy statement for the apps you put on your phone they even have more access.

I read the privacy statements for my apps on my phone and it clearly states they can go into your contacts and not only read them but delete them, have complete access to everything on your phone etc. Thereby jeopardizing all your friends in the process. ๐Ÿ˜ž

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
I have noticed Google takes a long(er) time to load up also. Another thing that i just noticed a couple of days ago was that, using gmail, i had made reservations at a resort, plus a National Park (Canada). In both instances, i received a receipt as an attachment in my email, stating where, time, dates etc. When i went into my Google calendar, there were the entries for the resort and the park that was automatically entered! They had the name and place wrong for the park, but other than that, they had gleamed everything from an email attachment! So, since when have they started doing this? Wouldn't they have to open up the attachment to get that info> I never, knowingly at least, gave them permission, or did i? Needless to say i wasn't impressed since the info included financial info!

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
rockhillmanor wrote:
What I have noticed is that if you google anything about politics ie president, etc. it does NOT give you current real time info any more.Someone has gotten to google. IE your federal government. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Put your foil away...

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Just had similar problems. Google searches worked fine. Many websites came right up while others would be painfully slow or not respond at all. Websites hosted nearby usually worked fine while those hosted elsewhere were sluggish or completely unresponsive. Tried changing DNS servers without any difference. Found that prefixing all websites with HTTPS:\\ in the browser regardless whether the website was a secured site or not alleviated the issue completely for all websites.

Turns out our Dell SonicWall firewall had done an auto update causing one setting to be changed causing the issue.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
I understand it may not be *just* you, but Google and Gmail is used by a gazillion folks around the world. So, odds are that it's not a Google issue.

So you back up and start debugging things that way.
Agree with flushing DNS cache.
Other ideas:
- use Google's DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
- how are you connecting to the net? Starbucks Wifi or cell hotspot. Try different connections if possible
- if you know how to do traceroute, you can see all of the hops between networks can carriers that outline the path between you and Google. The blockage could be anywhere in there

IIRC the last time Gmail had an outage was 2014. And it made the news. So, again, the debug supposition would be - assume it's not Google and start at your PC and work forward.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
You might try flushing DNS cache by starting a cmd.exe as Administrator and typing ipconfig /flushdns .

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36