cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rotten Service

rvsolutions
Explorer
Explorer
What does one have to do to get unsubscribed from your barrage of camping world emails? I have unsubscribed numerous times and they still keep coming! Please let us alone!
Don & Kathy Irvine

2013 Winnebago Via R,
2010 CRV Behind,
Lexie the Westie in charge!
FMCA 119467
9 REPLIES 9

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
TinyoneRV wrote:
Unsubscribing to emails is not the same as getting off of email lists. Also, you may be on many, related lists. Some with the GS organization and others with organizations they've shared your address with.

I know the difference, but when I unsubscribe from a particular organization, it SHOULD stop any emails from that particular organization; it most often doesn't. It should also be immediate (again, from that organization); it almost never is. There is no reason that it should take 2 weeks.

As to other related organizations that the original has shared my email address to, that is a whole other problem that should be addressed. Our email addresses are not "shared", they are "sold". And then they are sold again by those orgs, and sold again, and...
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

TinyoneRV
Explorer
Explorer
Unsubscribing to emails is not the same as getting off of email lists. Also, you may be on many, related lists. Some with the GS organization and others with organizations they've shared your address with. Emails are not a real problem. I get at least 50 a day I never read; the delete button is your friend.

Snail mail is another issue altogether and again you are probably on many related and some unrelated mailing lists.

For email your easiest and most effective strategy is creating additional folders and direct your unwanted email to the related folder automatically. Then delete them all at once as you want. That way they never get into your primary folder. Most email programs provide for that service.

For snail mail, the wastebasket is your friend.

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
bhall wrote:
ScottG wrote:
Why doesn't unsubscribing work? Why is that ignored?

My guess is the subscriber has not completed all of the necessary steps to unsubscribe.

Why should there be more than a single step? Unsubscribe; check, done. Having multiple steps is specifically designed to keep people from unsubscribing. My guess is that of your list of 1500 emails, significantly more than 7 have not been successful in unsubscribing, but rather than contact you about it they have simply given up and marked your sender as "spam or junk". That doesn't mean that THEY are the problem, it means that YOU are the problem.

There is absolutely no reason why "unsubscribing" should take more than 1 or 2 steps max, and should be completed instantly (not in 2 weeks).
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why the 2nd post on this? You just posted this same thing yesterday and had a resolution team member reply with a solution.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
This is sort of like a bank we used to have an account with. To this day we still get a monthly statement from them showing zero balance. It's been closed for 3 years!! I called them once & was told it was taken care of, but continue to get statements. I just shred them.

I would mark these emails as spam & they will start going go to their spam folder.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

You have to unsubscribe here, on GSERS, and GS, as well as any other product. I have been successful in self service and do not get any emails except when I get a private message.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

bhall
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

My guess is the subscriber has not completed all of the necessary steps to unsubscribe.

I have set up and maintained 3 email lists with a total of 1,500 subscribers for my one job. I've had 7 issues with people who complained that they unsubscribed but are still receiving emails. Once I made contact with them and talked them through the process, all 7 people did not follow through the steps correctly.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Good Evening RVSolutions,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Please call our Camping World Customer Service line at 1-800-626-3636 to speak to a representative who can look into this issue with you.

Good Evening- Rudy, Camping World Response team.