cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Times Up, Told You So, DirecTV is Dead

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
AT&T is reportedly trying to sell DirecTV to private-equity investors just five years after buying the satellite provider. The negotiations with potential buyers come after millions of customers ditched DirecTV over the past two years, and could value DirecTV at much less than the $49 billion AT&T paid for it.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/08/att-reportedly-trying-to-sell-directv-after-massive-cust...

Millions cutting the cord, would not buy that expensive satellite dish..

:B
135 REPLIES 135

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
me3
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
I don't know why the moderators haven't closed this thread. It has turned into nothing but attacks against Bill.Satellite.

Yes, I’m in Bills corner. Need to kick Tim mik to the curb.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know why the moderators haven't closed this thread. It has turned into nothing but attacks against Bill.Satellite.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
As usual some posters here can't get the facts right (OK, maybe only one whose name I will not acknowledge). I never left the thread, I left responding to one particular participant behind.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But thats EXACTLY what you just did!!! Dont you see it? :B:B:B:B:B
CONGRATS on the Grand Slam......now i have to figure out what a 5er is.......on a Rv fourm.........hmmmmmmmmmmm...............

btw fyi, those that dont provide anything other than Opinion when the other party provides links are usually blowing smoke. :B GO SpaceX!

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
As usual some posters here can't get the facts right (OK, maybe only one whose name I will not acknowledge). I never left the thread, I left responding to one particular participant behind.

So that makes me one of the Right Ones, Thank You...

:C:W:B

{12 months}

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Starlink Mission Launches
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^NICE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I thought you said you left this thread. Hat Trick is yours. Now shooting for the Grand Slam.

Elon tweeted today that they are expanding Starlink beta testing into the public in the northern US and southern Canada. Other company officials said that is basically the latitude northern Oregon and points north.
Dang how i love watching those rockets carry the future internet up into orbit!
https://www.spacex.com/launches/ (my privacy settings wont let me make it hot, so apologies in advance)

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
timmac wrote:
Wow my thread has grown to 13 pages now.

Hard habits are hard to break and as one ages they tend to not to want change but change still happens..

Cars killed the horse and buggy.

Cell phones killed payphones and internet is killing traditional TV service.

And soon electric cars/trucks will kill the internal combustion engine.

:C

Things that were designed well and really work well are hard to break or kill.

Cars did not kill the "horse and buggy", Have you not heard of the Amish? They STILL use Horse and Buggy as their primary means of transportation.

Cell phones did not kill the payphones, there ARE still payphones out there, a bit hard to find now days but still out there. Cellphones do not have 100% coverage everywhere, there are vast areas of land once you get outside of the big city that has either very poor or no cell signal at all.

Internet has not killed traditional TV and will not anytime soon, I know quite a lot of families that use OTA only TV, or Sat TV to get their news and entertainment.

And you are 100% incorrect on Electric Vehicles killing off Gas/Diesel vehicles, that is the dogooders/treehuggers well intentioned but misdirected folks who do not realize that all they are doing is trading one evil for another then turned into a political three ring circus.

You do realize EV is nothing new? in the 1880s car manufacturers were not only experimenting with steam, gas and Diesel but ELECTRIC cars also.. I know, I own a EV from 1901.. It was converted to a gasoline engine in 1903 or so because there was no commercial electricity whee the new owner bought it..

Killing every gas and Diesel vehicle means that the electrical grid would have to have 100% coverage not just in the US but the world.. You do realize that as advanced as the US is, there are vast areas where there is no electrical grid..

It is called INFRASTRUCTURE, it is costly to build out a 100% coverage infrastructure. It is costly to maintain 100% infrastructure. 100% infrastructure will be prohibitively too expensive for for companies to make enough profit to make the coverage low enough for every people to afford.

And for the record, I am not against streaming, cellphones or even electric vehicles.

While I do give Musk some credit, it is not good credit, he is basically another "PT Barnum", another "showman", gives some flash and bang, bunches of promises and hope and rake in the money.. He is very rich just for saying words that tickle your ears.

I do not know with your beef is with Direct TV, but you sure have a hate for them, I guess you feel ripped off by them, wait until all that free streaming goes to pay streaming and that cheap company Internet you get goes away and you HAVE to pay full price for speeds barely fast enough to stream SD video at very low resolution.

And yes, folks are correct, you are a troll :R because you do not accept the reality that in real life pretty much everything you deem no good or faulty is still alive and well and will be for longer than your or my lifetime..

Well now, there you go bringing facts into this. What are you thinking???:D

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
^^^^^^^^^^^NICE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
timmac wrote:
Wow my thread has grown to 13 pages now.

Hard habits are hard to break and as one ages they tend to not to want change but change still happens..

Cars killed the horse and buggy.

Cell phones killed payphones and internet is killing traditional TV service.

And soon electric cars/trucks will kill the internal combustion engine.

:C

Things that were designed well and really work well are hard to break or kill.

Cars did not kill the "horse and buggy", Have you not heard of the Amish? They STILL use Horse and Buggy as their primary means of transportation.

Cell phones did not kill the payphones, there ARE still payphones out there, a bit hard to find now days but still out there. Cellphones do not have 100% coverage everywhere, there are vast areas of land once you get outside of the big city that has either very poor or no cell signal at all.

Internet has not killed traditional TV and will not anytime soon, I know quite a lot of families that use OTA only TV, or Sat TV to get their news and entertainment.

And you are 100% incorrect on Electric Vehicles killing off Gas/Diesel vehicles, that is the dogooders/treehuggers well intentioned but misdirected folks who do not realize that all they are doing is trading one evil for another then turned into a political three ring circus.

You do realize EV is nothing new? in the 1880s car manufacturers were not only experimenting with steam, gas and Diesel but ELECTRIC cars also.. I know, I own a EV from 1901.. It was converted to a gasoline engine in 1903 or so because there was no commercial electricity whee the new owner bought it..

Killing every gas and Diesel vehicle means that the electrical grid would have to have 100% coverage not just in the US but the world.. You do realize that as advanced as the US is, there are vast areas where there is no electrical grid..

It is called INFRASTRUCTURE, it is costly to build out a 100% coverage infrastructure. It is costly to maintain 100% infrastructure. 100% infrastructure will be prohibitively too expensive for for companies to make enough profit to make the coverage low enough for every people to afford.

And for the record, I am not against streaming, cellphones or even electric vehicles.

While I do give Musk some credit, it is not good credit, he is basically another "PT Barnum", another "showman", gives some flash and bang, bunches of promises and hope and rake in the money.. He is very rich just for saying words that tickle your ears.

I do not know with your beef is with Direct TV, but you sure have a hate for them, I guess you feel ripped off by them, wait until all that free streaming goes to pay streaming and that cheap company Internet you get goes away and you HAVE to pay full price for speeds barely fast enough to stream SD video at very low resolution.

And yes, folks are correct, you are a troll :R because you do not accept the reality that in real life pretty much everything you deem no good or faulty is still alive and well and will be for longer than your or my lifetime..

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
I have wondered why a mod did not shitcan this thread.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
It’s just pitiful when the OP tries to milk out a little more attention from a thread that finally met its righteous end.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't feed the troll!