cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trouble locating fFree Malwarebytes Download Site

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Now, this is strange. I've downloaded Malewrebytes free for years and now I have to reinstall it after resetting my computer. All the sites I'm visiting only offer to download the premium (3.0) version. I did several google searches but can't find a site that will offer the download of free Malwarebytes (one exception, noted below). Maybe I'm getting tired, but I've never had this problem before. Can anyone recommend a site that offers the free version Thanks in advance.

PS: The filehippo site offers it but my antimalware suite gave me a warning, so I steered clear
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
7 REPLIES 7

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
bwanshoom wrote:
You should not download from file distribution sites if you can avoid it. They tend to try to bundle in extra bloatware or often have deceptive links to unwanted junk.

A quick Google search provides this link for the free version. This is from the vendor's site, malwarebytes.com

Thanks!I was pulling my hair out trying to locate the site. Guess I was just a bit worn out. I had just reset my computer and lost all the programs and most of the apps I had installed previously. Thanks X2
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
bwanshoom wrote:
You should not download from file distribution sites if you can avoid it. They tend to try to bundle in extra bloatware or often have deceptive links to unwanted junk.

A quick Google search provides this link for the free version. This is from the vendor's site, malwarebytes.com

This.

With google searches, your first few results are going to be paid ads. Scroll on down the page.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Yes! I had the same issue a couple months ago. I think Malwarebytes changed how they do things, to steer you towards the pay version - which they certainly are free to do.

Also, the advertisers on the search engines are getting sneaky - you have to be careful what you click on. The first 4-6 results are usually NOT what you want, but some other site trying to sell you something.

I have found that CNET is a good site to download things from. I've never had an issue there - and it is where I downloaded Malwarebytes the last time I needed to.

I also use CCleaner and Avast on my computers.

And... using Mozilla Firefox with Adblocker makes life a lot more wonderful on the internet!

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
IIRC, when you install the free version you have to uncheck the 30 day trial offer of the paid version or it will expire in a month.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

bwanshoom
Explorer
Explorer

2010 Cougar 322 QBS
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LMM CC/SB 4x4 LTZ
Pullrite SuperGlide 18K

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I use malwarebytes (free)...have for years. Got upgrades as they come along. And I run it (along with CCleaner once a month).

Maybe....like a virus protection....you already have a malware program and two of them fight each other. Like Norton vs. McAfee. They cannot work together. One or the other.

g'luck!

racer4
Explorer
Explorer
Try this:
https://www.malwarebytes.com/
Chris and Pat
2023 Ram 3500 Limited, Cummins, Aisin, dually, Auto Flex Rear Air Ride Suspension
2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB