cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What cellular company?

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
What cellular company you have.Good coverage? How much you pay?.My ATT bill is $250 for 3 line and I think that toooo much.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023
30 REPLIES 30

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Bill S. wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Our phones are from Tracfone and use the Verizon network. Our average cost works out to ~$16/mo each. For data, we have two hotspots, one is on AT&T's unlimited 4G/LTE data Connected Car Plan at $20/mo, and the other is on Verizon's prepaid unlimited 4G/LTE plan at $65/mo with autopay. Both prices plus tax and fees. Both of our Android phones have VOIP apps installed that let us use our hotspots for phone calls at no cost.Both of our Android phones have VOIP apps installed that let us use our hotspots for phone calls at no cost. That particularly works well when we're in a weak Verizon area, but a good AT&T area. Over the past few years, we've only rarely found an area where only AT&T or Verizon work, but not both. Most places we've been both work acceptably well, although one is usually a bit better than the other.

Do you mind sharing which VOIP app you are using? There are so many to sort through, and some require your friends to have the app, etc. Which one works for you?

Bill, my apologies for not replying sooner to your post! For some reason I didn't get notified...

The two VOIP apps we use are the Google Voice app that uses our free Google phone number, and a PhonePower app that uses the $35/year number we also use as the "home" number at our Adirondack cottage with an ObiHai ATA.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

SSandman
Explorer
Explorer
Xfinity Mobile. Uses Verizon network. Only available to internet subscribers. You only pay for data, $12 a gig or $45 unlimited. My bill last month was $14.23. And the phones connect to Xfinity hotspots
when available. Traveling through just about any city we have wifi available the whole time.

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
Bill S. wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Our phones are from Tracfone and use the Verizon network. Our average cost works out to ~$16/mo each. For data, we have two hotspots, one is on AT&T's unlimited 4G/LTE data Connected Car Plan at $20/mo, and the other is on Verizon's prepaid unlimited 4G/LTE plan at $65/mo with autopay. Both prices plus tax and fees. Both of our Android phones have VOIP apps installed that let us use our hotspots for phone calls at no cost.Both of our Android phones have VOIP apps installed that let us use our hotspots for phone calls at no cost. That particularly works well when we're in a weak Verizon area, but a good AT&T area. Over the past few years, we've only rarely found an area where only AT&T or Verizon work, but not both. Most places we've been both work acceptably well, although one is usually a bit better than the other.

Do you mind sharing which VOIP app you are using? There are so many to sort through, and some require your friends to have the app, etc. Which one works for you?

I switched from Net10 Wireless to consumer cellular yesterday. It works out that my bill will be about $52.00 a month after all of the BS taxes and junk. For two iPhones. That is exactly $69.00 a month less that I am paying for my two cellphones. And we don't use internet in our RV.

Bill_S_1
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:

Bill, (aka Capt.Bill)
2002 Horizon 36LD, Cat 330
RVing since 1987
First State

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Coverage maps

Looks like T-Mobil is on the move and has already out classed Sprint.
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Crodad
Explorer
Explorer
festag wrote:
We have T-Mobile and we are on the Unlimited 55+ Plan. Gives us unlimited talk, text, and data for two lines for $148 per month, but $60 of that is to finance our iPhones and $28 is for device protection insurance.

Coverage is good in the areas we have been. May not have as much coverage as Verizon but we are happy with the service. I especially like it when we are at a campground and their WiFi is not up to par or they do not allow streaming. In these instances we use one of our phones as a hotspot to stream YouTube and Netflix.

We have T-Mobile 55+ 2 phones for $70/month taxes and fees included. Coverage is not that great. I have places I go and I have no signal. If it wasn't for the price I'd switch, but no other cell company comes close to the price. So I'd at least give it a shot.
2015 F-250 PSD 4x4 XLT
2016 Silverback 31RK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCOFLIDLAMSMTNVNMTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
The companies give their best deals when 2 phones are involved. Me and DW switched from Verizon to T Mobile 55+ plan 60 dollars per month unlimited everything. Plus we got a free Samsung S8 for the wife. We have a special needs daughter who only needs a flip phone so we went with Ting for her. The coverage is acceptable, not as good as Verizon, but good enough 98% of the time. The two areas with poor coverage with T Mobile is the beach and the U of Oregon Campus. I saved a ton of money moving from Verizon.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
Dw and I have Total Wireless on Verizon towers. Unlimited talk and text and 15GB data for $60 month for two lines. Great service.

We have the same plan from Total Wireless, and very happy. You do have to bring your own phone or buy one of theirs.
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
Go to your AT&T store and tell them that you want to switch to a pre-pay, auto-pay plan. We did that and it cut our $135 monthly bill to $60 for the same coverage and data. We have two phones on our plan.

Bill J., Lexington, KY
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Have used Verizon for years. Never a problem. Almost always a good signal wherever I am. And I've always found their customer service to be good, also.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
buc1980 wrote:
What cellular company you have.Good coverage? How much you pay?.My ATT bill is $250 for 3 line and I think that toooo much.
That is a really high number for AT&T. We pay $103 for 2 lines, 6 gig data w/rollover, but also have a $23/month unlimited Mobley we use for all of our data. Extra lines are only $40 for us.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes. At least it was the last time I checked!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
buc1980 wrote:
What cellular company you have.Good coverage? How much you pay?.My ATT bill is $250 and I think that toooo much.

T-Mobile 55+ plan. $70/month-exactly- 2 lines of unlimited everything. Can be used as a hot spot for unlimited 3G service or an extra $10/month for 10GB of 4G hotspot. $25/month gives you unlimited 4G hotspot service.

Is it truly unlimited? Can you stream movies and such without overage charges or getting throttled back at some point??

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Iraqvet05 wrote:
Another Straight Talk user here. Coverage is good in most areas...I think they use the AT&T network. $47 with tax and unlimited everything. I've had them 3 years and no complaints.

It's according to where you purchase your phone, which network they use.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW