cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows10 screen lock

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
I know nothing about husbands laptop so here's the problem.

He started to install Windows 10 but screen locked at 93% complete. Cannot unlock the screen. Any suggestions on how to get screen unlocked?
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.
5 REPLIES 5

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
On a hard lockup like that I find the only immediate solution is to hold the power button until the computer turns off. Wait a few seconds, turn it back on, cross your fingers and hope the process either starts over, proceeds from where it left off, or at least still works under the previous Windows version. If the problem persists after a couple of these tries then it might be necessary to have someone knowledgeable deal with it hands on.

Thanks Ed this worked. It is now going back to previous Windows.
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Shut it off with the button, then remove the battery. Then install the battery again and start over.

Often, if something is locked, the glitch might remain unless you remove all power to the laptop. Battery power acts just like shore-power, and it never really shuts off completely unless you remove battery.

I'm pretty tech-dumb, so can't tell you why - but when mine locks up for any reason, if I don't also remove the battery and reinstall it, sometimes it can't release the glitch.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
How long have you waited? 4 hours? Longer?

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
On a hard lockup like that I find the only immediate solution is to hold the power button until the computer turns off. Wait a few seconds, turn it back on, cross your fingers and hope the process either starts over, proceeds from where it left off, or at least still works under the previous Windows version. If the problem persists after a couple of these tries then it might be necessary to have someone knowledgeable deal with it hands on.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
You might check here:Solved windows 10 installation freezes
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin