cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Movin View:

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up a new to me 1996 Lance Squire with one of these on the roof and no manual.
I downloaded the PDF and found quite a bit of info on line but need to hear from the rv.net pro's!!

Here's the situation. I am a long time DTV customer
out of contract and use the DVR in my home but going back to full timing. I assume I can use my current equipment and
just plug in to the coax in the camper..
The camper came with a Dish remote.

I read on another forum that this issue of Winegard
likes to use Dish but will work with either carrier.
I also read that if you want the full HD treatment it
has to be Dish. I currently have and will be starting
out for now with a Samsung 19" Model UN19F4000AF.
Don't know any thing about HD and not sure if I care until I upgrade to a larger TV.
I'm sure I will do this at a later time so thinking I should just plan to use the equipment I have for now and need to get feedback on that.. Much appreciated!

Where ever I go, there I am!
20 REPLIES 20

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
ok

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Ooops.. my bad.. did not know that! Good thing I got a shot of that huh..

and all that time spent with all those experts..

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought you said you were a DTV customer. If so, the dip switches you show are set to 119 (Dish) and not 101 (DTV).
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Update: I spoke with DTV tech who explained the HR-24-100 DVR setting I would need to check out the old Movin View Winegard dome..
I think it is circa around 2006 or earlier. I had little luck so then called Winegard and the lady tech support person was absolutely great.
Can't say enough good about the experience.
I switched over to an HDMI cord and I think that helped.
When I hit the infamous green switch I heard the dome grunt but unfortunately that was all we got.. The sat screen populated with zero's and that was that.
She told me to pull the dome cover again and meter the coax at the receiver to see if we have 12V which I may do tomorrow. That Carryout is looking better all the time..

Interesting.. this old unit has a big metal counter weight but the
new Carryouts have a deck back there with the receiver and electronics on it which appear to serve as the counter weight..
Unless they upgraded the entire balance of the unit and it doesn't need a counterweight..

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Once you have the receiver connected to the Winegard you will go to Menu, Settings, Satellite, Repeat Satellite Setup. You will see the antenna and switch settings. You want to set the Antenna to 18" round and the Switch Type to Multiswitch. If it is a DVR you will also need to change it to Single Tuner unless you can get that 2nd coax run into the RV. You may have to turn on the antenna and let it lock on to complete the setup but you do want to go all the way through the end of the setup routine to get the settings to "stick".
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look at the label on the receiver to see what model you have and post. 101 is the longitude of the SD sat.

Use the remote to view settings and to set up the receiver. I may still have a copy of the my settings if that will help, let me know.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
You DO NOT need SWM. You just need to change the settings in the receiver to match the antenna you are using. You will never get and DTV HD programming with a dome but you can use your current receiver (assuming it's an H/HR24 or lower) with that antenna to pick up all of the DTV SD programming from 101 (setting the receiver to 18" round and multiswitch).

So then that's great news..! Just how does one change the settings in the DTV receiver? Also I don't need HD and just trying for the least common denominator here.. just want to watch tv..
As for my receiver being "H/HR24," I got it from the installer back in September of 2014 if that may date this unit??? Oh well, I'll just try to get the correct settings as you suggest and move ahead..

And 101 is a sat???

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You DO NOT need SWM. You just need to change the settings in the receiver to match the antenna you are using. You will never get and DTV HD programming with a dome but you can use your current receiver (assuming it's an H/HR24 or lower) with that antenna to pick up all of the DTV SD programming from 101 (setting the receiver to 18" round and multiswitch).

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys, just want to chime in here and let you know I checked out some stuff. I was just so very curious so I took my little 19" Samsung TV & my DTV DVR receiver out to my rig and gave it a shot.
I plugged everything in and connected coax and RCA's appropriately & then turned on the green button.. got a nice clear picture of the error 775 and a nice graphic explaining that I most likely need the SWM box.. As previously suggested..

This is so complicated for my sleepless brain right now I think I'll call DTV in the morning and get in touch with their tech support.. they were great in the past. I found several types of said boxes but the PDF you provided indicates taking care not to use wrong box or hook up incorrectly so could damage my DTV receiver.. Don't want to do that!

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Will do... Thanks again.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Then if your dish works all you have to do is configure the receiver. Let us know.

Bob

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
I'm following along in amazement.. Thanks for all the help..
Just to chime in, all I want is what I have now. That would be great.
One room system, one DVR and TV and tuning in with the dome.
You guys probably already know this so just keeping up...

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If he does not want to use the 2nd tuner at all them he could use that receiver with that one coax. He would still need to set the receiver to 18" round, Multi-Switch and the change it to single tuner setting.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bill,

Can't the receiver be set to use just one non SWM coax? If not he can still try just the one to confirm the dome is working with a error message on the second tuner before going forward.

OP, When I was moving the HR24 there were about 6 setup items to check including dish type, TV type and IR vs RF remote.

Bob