cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wobbly Winegard Dish

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another problem. When the wind blows it wobbles my Winegard dish up and down so that the aszmuth setting changes. Is this just something I have to live with? Is there a way to tighten up the slop in the up and down movement of the dish. I don't want to make the trip up on the roof only to discover there is no fix for it.

I don't know the model number but it is the manual crank up single satellite dish made @ 2008.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!
16 REPLIES 16

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our RV actually came with a tailgater but as our RV is small it took up too much room in the RV while travelling. The dish works OK for what we need as TV isn't watched much when we are camping. I just like having the option, especially on rainy days. That is, rainy days with no wind. Don's solution seems like it would work albeit a little pricey.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I can't believe anyone would still be using that ****py crankup dish. Even if you get it perfectly stable, its still broke,...there ain't no fixin it.
I s****ped (s c r a pp e d) one years ago and got a tripod dish,...much much better. But still its really never fixed till you go autosearch. I love the kingdome.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

don_lou
Explorer
Explorer
Found photos but do not know how to post them here ??
Don & Louise

don_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I have had it installed for about 1 1/2 years
however I can not post a photo as the m/h is on consignment to sell -300 mi away
Funny that Winguard won't sell to north america market?? guess it might hurt sales of more expensive dishes !!;)
Don & Louise

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Strut kit looks very interesting. That should take the slop out of the mechanism. I take it you are very happy with the solution. How long have you had it installed?

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
don/lou wrote:
I too had this problem!
It was completely fixed by using this Winegard Strut Kit sold only in New Zealand
Phoned factory and they would not sell to me ??
Bought it here
http://shop.coastalmotorhomes.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&path=65_97&product_id=265
Best Fix Ever
Don

Can you post a photo or two of the kit installed? It appears that it could be duplicated with off the shelf components.

Thanks!
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

don_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I too had this problem!
It was completely fixed by using this Winegard Strut Kit sold only in New Zealand
Phoned factory and they would not sell to me ??
Bought it here
http://shop.coastalmotorhomes.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&path=65_97&product_id=265
Best Fix Ever
Don
Don & Louise

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
SCVJeff wrote:
That's likely an AS-2003, and AFAIK Winegard does not support them any longer.

The AS-2003 is an automatic antenna and I believe he's talking about the manual crank up version.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
The RM-DM46 manual can be downloaded here:

RV Digital Satellite Antenna with Digital Elevation Sensor
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks everyone. I don't know why I didn't think of contacting Winegard directly as they were a huge help the first time I activated my dish. Much more help than Dish was. Will, I sent you a PM, thanks!

wilanddij
Explorer
Explorer
The hex set screw that holds the dish to the elevator gear shaft has no thread locker on it. I have the manual for RM-DM46 with exploded drawings. If you want to tackle the fix yourself and want a PDF copy of the manual, send me a PM with your email address in it.
Will & Di
2004 Southwind 32VS
Workhorse/8.1
Ford C-Max/Blue Ox
"We have met the enemy, and he is us" Pogo

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
That's likely an AS-2003, and AFAIK Winegard does not support them any longer.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Clay L wrote:

There were some posts a few years back about a hex screw that may be loose and tightening it is supposed to help.

I had the problem a few years ago and contacted Winegard and was sent a bulletin describing the fix. It worked well and I didn't have any further problems. I looked for it but must have found a real good hiding place.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello and thanks! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?