cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

6 point leveling

bassin39
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have our fiver yet but was just wondering. How does the auto leveling system work? I know you hit a button and it self levels but do you keep it attached to the truck? Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question.
5 REPLIES 5

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
For safety, wait for that final beep, and the screen to tell you "Success", before approaching the 5th. The operation is usually quite quick, but there can be several seconds between adjustments that a rookie might confuse with it being done. Just wait for the beep. You will be an "expert" after the first auto leveling.

Edit: I was watching this video on manually using the level system. I don't know if things have changed, but with my system on my '11, you don't have to go through the process of going to "manual" on the panel to get the front legs to extend or retract. Just turn on the system, push front to extend the legs; push retract then front to retract the front legs.

Then again, there is the "error dispalys" on that video too. LOL
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

JamesBr
Explorer
Explorer
I have the LCI 6 point. Auto level pretty much only will work when you are disconnected. Though I was in a pretty level overnight sight (hit auto level not thinking about it) and it leveled. But generally just manual level for hooked up overnight.

One thing is unless you have to really extend, the 6 point I think does a great job to nearly remove all shaking of the trailer.
2006 Ford F350 6.0
2014 Primetime Sanibel 3600
Enough other vehicles to not bother listing.

Previous RV: 2001 Monaco Knight

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 4 pt system on our new 5er, it states to unhook first after putting the landing jacks down. Used it the first time on this trip, my opinion is it is better than sliced bread. Love it
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a video explaining how it works.
Bill and Joey the dog

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
You must unhook and move the truck away before doing the auto leveling. The trailer drops the front end first to assure you have unhooked. You can manually level without unhooking if the site is level.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel