cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious to what age where you when you bought your first R.V...I was 27 and bought a pop up...37 now and got a TT
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle
118 REPLIES 118

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Bought our TT at 29, bought the rv in sig at 31 been FT since then. 36 now.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
36 but had rented popups several times before.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We started camping in tents in our mid 30's when we became a couple. After several years we started renting cabins and cottages. At his age 60 and me 55 we purchased our first motorhome. A 36' with 2 slides. That is what we fulltime in now and it will be 2 years in May. It was 10 years old when purchased- we'll probably keep it for another 5 years before replacing - maybe. If everything is still in great shape we may keep it longer - who knows.

Jloucks
Explorer
Explorer

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
28. bought a VW Westy. Loved that thing! Owned two of them. Bought our Springdale a couple months ago.
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I bought our first TT a 2004 32' wilderness last May.
Didnt like the floor plan, so just traded it in for a new 38' keystone hideout. Oh ya...Im 48, DW is 42....I tented often in my younger days. Last May was the first time my DW has ever camped, now she cant wait 'till the CG open.

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
I guess you could say all of my life.

Age 6, pup tent (Cub Scouts) many nights in that thing
Age 14, 1953 Chevy panel truck camper-no driver's license so I drove it from our farm down to the river to camp (wish I still had it)
Age 16, 1970 10' truck camper
Age 20, 1974 26' 5th wheel
Age 25, back to truck camper so we could pull horse trailer
Age 28, upgraded truck camper
Age 36, 22' camper trailer (sold horses and bought Jeep)
Age 40, 25' camper trailer
Age 50, 1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor DP
Age 55, 2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor DP, Still have it, no plans to upgrade at this time.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
My first beach camping trip was pitching my tent with my DW my oldest girl was 9 months old at Barefoot Campground in Myrtle Beach...It has been closed down for years now...Has anyone else ever camped there?
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pickup camper at 22, tents, vans, pop-ups, Class A, then C, now what is in sig at 65.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
I was 55 when bought our HTT. It took me that long to realize you really could be camping in an RV. My dad had RV's but I always pitched a tent and camped. The last time I camped in a tent at age 54 I decided it was time to camp in an RV. We just traded in the HTT last week and bought a 36 ft. Open Range Journeyer TT. Hopefully will get to take it "camping" soon. I need to change our pic below.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
If a tent is considered an RV, then age 19. Strap it to the motorcycle with a sleeping bag, some clothes, other stuff and off I'd go.

Otherwise I was 46 when we got our first RV. A 5th wheel trailer. Still living in it.

IndyCamp
Explorer
Explorer
I see a lot of people started out young, but I never see anyone our age with RVs. :S

I'm 34 and my wife is 36. We have been tent camping since we got together 13 years ago and are buying our first TT this year. We have a son who is turning one in May and it will be nice to be able to take him without having to mess with a tent (although I love tent camping).
2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
2014 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
My oldest is now 20 with a truck, hitch and nothing to pull. Time to introduce him to camping with his own starter PUP.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Bought TT in early 20's. Used parents' TT before that.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

sherpaxc
Explorer
Explorer
beckid wrote:
We started out tenting at 25. At 40 it was time for a pop-up. Then 6 years later a 30' TT. Now a 35' Motorhome. Just got it this month and we love it! But I remember starting when I was 5 years old, my dad would hitch up the 15' Shasta and we would take off for 6 glorious summer weeks of National Parks! Every summer (folks were educators) we got to see the US, Canada, and Mexico from a succession of Shasta, Kenskill and Airstream TTs. I was even our state representative at the Airstream Teen Queen pageant in Louisville. Does that count?

I love this! The wife and I are both teachers and are raising our 3.5 year old boy the same way. Each summer we have been leaving the Texas heat and camping somewhere north. We love and he loves it!
08 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7