cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airstream for $2000!?!?!

Darian
Explorer
Explorer
So I have stumbled upon a "too good to be true" scenario methinks.

The Price: $2000 even

The Trailer: 1993 Airstream Excella, 25 ft

Supposedly in good condition, no leaks, everything works, sent lots of pictures - AND I can go see it, too! The curiosity is killing me!

The Story: Woman divorced husband, trailer is in her name, has title in hand, selling it to get rid of it.

It looks really good in the pictures too - I honestly can't wait to go see it. Taking a taser and a friend, of course.
34 REPLIES 34

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
every body gets worried about a scam. heres this one, 2013 yamaha 9.9 outboard for sale $1800.new still in box , I asked about it, never got a answer ,two weeks later I get a phone call ,guy was in paris working for the gov, motors at his house in N.C, so we talk sounds real. I drive 600 miles and pick up the motor ,motor retailes for $3200. and the guy turns out to be a general in the army. NOT ALL CRAIGS LIST ADD,S ARE SCAMS.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
Four burner RV stoves were not particularly rare, and Airstream apparently did use them at least in some products.

What I like about the forum. I learn something new almost every day.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
PawPaw n Gram wrote:
A guick check with NADA says the retail price should be between $2,400 and $2,900 - so $2,000 isn't much of a steal.
Good luck finding one anywhere near that price, unless it's an absolute pile of junk.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
I'd love to see a picture of the '4 burner stove' in a 25' trailer.

Would a 1993 HiLo 22L trailer suffice? Clicky! Four burner RV stoves were not particularly rare, and Airstream apparently did use them at least in some products. That part of the ad struck me as perfectly believable. Other parts, not so much....

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
A guick check with NADA says the retail price should be between $2,400 and $2,900 - so $2,000 isn't much of a steal. I'd love to see a picture of the '4 burner stove' in a 25' trailer.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Is the owner a Nigerian prince?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
It's April 1st. already???????

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Area code is 201 -NJ
listing states Houston

Stay away - run run run away.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is pretty typical of a scam ad on CL. The price appears to be missing a zero, you respond to the ad asking just that, then they gotcha. Even if you don't do anything with the unit, they have your e-mail and add it to the list of "suckers" that they sell.

Even if they post pics, it's usually of another trailer on RVT or RVTrader.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
It was also posted in the Toledo OH Craigslist. My own rule of thumb is that if the same RV is being sold in more than one location at about the same time, it's probably a scam...especially when the locations are far removed from each other.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
ChooChooMan74 wrote:
Here is the ad on craigslist.

https://houston.craigslist.org/rvd/5772605084.html

Considering the misspellings, mistakes in ad (transmission in a trailer??) and lack of pictures, I would be very suspicious.

There are a lot of red flags on this one. If it sounds too good to be true.........

The OP should post the pics or a link to the pics. It would be interesting to see if the pictures are actually of the TT advertised.
All Airstreams look the same to me but, someone would know if it's the correct model as advertised.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
ChooChooMan74 wrote:
Here is the ad on craigslist.

https://houston.craigslist.org/rvd/5772605084.html

Considering the misspellings, mistakes in ad (transmission in a trailer??) and lack of pictures, I would be very suspicious.

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
What is automatic on a trailer?

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
The automatic is a known issue with 1993 Excella models

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
The add says the trailer runs on gas and is an automatic.