RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Hybrid with pop outs vs. Travel Trailer with bunks?

Am looking to finally get into the RV world. My goal is to do light camping while traveling with my dirt bikes to races and other off-road events.Some background...my budget is around $10k and I don't want anything larger than 23ft. I don't want an...

95jersey by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel trailer or a motorized rv w/ toad??

Hey everyone. I am brand new to RVing and do not have one yet. I'm 23 years old, so on a small budget.. but would like to dive into to full time RVing around the U.S. I have 2 pets, 1 dog 1 cat, that are a big concern of mine (especially for giving m...

Cable tv at campgrounds

When a campground says they have cable tv do you have to supply the cable to hook to your tv and if so how long should your cable be

jarata1 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Driving directions

Heading out of Mass to outer banks. I am close to 95 so I will be taking that down thru CT. After that there seems to be quite a few options, I do have a new Gps (Garmin RV760) which I was going to depend on. However edit is directing me over GWB,...

Joan217 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie looking for Travel Trailer Ratings

OK, so I've been digging around looking for reviews on different travel trailers and I've YET to find a brand that people are not bashing... Anyone haave a good link for some honest owner reviews of travel trailers??My criteria...Want to spend in th...

First "long" overnight trip

Drove to Canada (Quebec City and Montreal) from Southern NH (USA) over July 4th weekendOn our way to Quebec, just after the USA/Canada border, we stopped at a campground. It was packed with lots of campers (felt like a parking lot on grass) thus we ...

tev123 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Layout of campgrounds

Just started getting into camping one thing I noticed is the campsites are all in a row right on top of each other.Its really frustrating.They almost look like refugee camps.Does anyone else feel this way and is it a matter of just looking to find th...

jarata1 by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Cross Country Trip

My husband and I recently purchased a 29' Fleetwood for a cross country trip 3 years in the making. We'll be leaving at the end of June and have 6 weeks to see the best and worst that America has to offer.Departing from Va.heading North to Niagara Fa...

Rain in forecast not sure what to do

We have reservations this weekend no deposit or information just name exchanged for the site.The forecast is for rain both days not sure what to do getting antsy to get back out and camp but not sure staying locked in a 16 ft travel trailer is much f...

jarata1 by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Interior and Exterior Protection Package

We are upgrading from our 21' Winnebago Minnie Travel Trailer that we have had for less than a year to a Jayco Greyhawk 32' Class C Motorhome. Camping World is offering a 5 year Interior / Exterior Protection Package for $695. Has anyone had experi...

jama1219 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

1st long trip

Heading out on the 1st long trip from Mass to Koa, Rodanthe, NC. Any tips? Thinking of taking it slow with a stop in Maryland or Virginia. We are doing a small 21' coachmen.

Joan217 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Nervous first time driver, any good apps to help?

So we pickup our RV tomorrow and instantly taking a nice little road trip. My issue is ending up somewhere that I get stuck or can't fit (our RV is only 25ft overall) is their any type of app or something that will tell me which roads to stay on and ...

Picking Up Our New Keystone Passport Today

I'm actually sitting waiting for our orientation to start....thought I'd check in for any last minute questions we should ask, or any specific functions of the trailer we should make sure is reviewed thoroughly..It's the 195RBWE model.Thanks for any ...

How do I make our swivel tv rotate?

We just purchased our first rv. Coachmen freedom express 233rbs. It has a wall between the living room and bedroom with a tv in a box that is suppose to swivel between the rooms. For the life of us we can't figure out how to rotate it. Anyone have an...

Not even a newbie yet - but thinking of trying

As I've grown older, I've always wanted to try an RV. Never having stayed in one, I'm sure there are some key points to make things better the first couple of trips.My plans are to rent a brand new 33' class C for a three day trial period. I want eve...

dhornick by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes