RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

running lights on the trailer

I have a 2014 chevy silverado z71 4x4 with trailer towing package. It has a 5.3 v8. When i hook up my trailer I don't have any running lights. I took it back to the dealer and they tested the trailer on another vehicle and they worked fine. Any sugge...

aarp supplement plans

They suck. Here in New Jersey and cannot find doctors or physical therapist within 100 miles. Salesmen are stupid.

njtony by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Docking lights on 2016 Keystone

We just purchased a new 2016 Keystone and near the batteries there is an on/off button that says "Docking lights". Not sure what this is, we have LED awning lights and LED security lights above the hitch. The only other lights are in the storage comp...

Snlmac28 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Ram 1500 5.7 bighorn

It has a factory tow package trying to figure out best weight trailer for it. Family and dogs combine for 800 lbs. Looking at a gulf stream 255bh. Dry weight is 4800. Sales person said easily but now not sure after reading more

Cdaddy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery life

I'm sure this has been answered before but anywayCamping with no hookups and just regular incondcent lights ,tv and water pump as needed thats all. How long can I get out of a fully charged deep cycle battery

jarata1 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

From TT to ???

Good afternoon,After a two year battle with quality control issues on my Shadow Cruiser, my wife and I decided to get rid of it and start the research and purchase process all over again. We are looking at purchasing in two years but I am one to sta...

love2tow by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Loose weight distribuition hitch?

Just bought a used travel trailer and the weight distribution hitch is a little loose between the adjustable square shank and the ball mount apparatus. There are two 3/4" screws that appear tight, but there is some slop. Common sense tells me this sh...

gizzoat by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Nervous First Time RV Buyer Looking For Tips & Advice

Hey everyone. Long story short my girlfriend and I are purchasing our first travel trailer this week. We are looking at 3. Ones 26 ft overall, another 27 and the last 28 (21, 23, 24 livable). I have a 2015 Ram Crew Cab with 3.6l v6 4x4 and says I can...

Toilet

What would be a good replacement toilet w/ a porcelain bowl high profile an elongated w/home style seat what about a dometic 320 or something else , Your experience an thoughts on this is appreciated

becron by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Dump or Empty your Holding Tanks

Feel free to watch this homemade video I made for an onsite tutorial on how to empty or dump your holding tanks. This is the real deal...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKLNcjpAn4s

jvc456 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Low tech RV insurance seller

We've been gettin insurance quotes by a number of carriers and seemed to get a competitive quote from RVAmerica. they have the next closest quote beat by several hundred dollars. RVA is offering a Safeco policy that I' pretty happy with.Problem is, ...

Newbie to RV-Life

Hello everyone,My name is Alex and I have made the decision to purchase a camper to call my home as opposed to living in a sticks & bricks house. My decision stems from the fact that I both work full-time and go to college as a full-time student. I w...

jscott37 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Smoke Alarm

First trip out this year and I'm hearing a "chirping" noise. Fortunately there was enough power in the 9V battery to "chirp."I carry AA and AAA batteries, but not a 9V.Check your battery and make sure you're protected.

golf carts / camp vehicles

what kind of golf carts or campsite vehicles are you running? i'm looking for a 4 wheel motorized cart of some sort that'll haul my wife and 3 pets.thinking of getting a golf cart customized.would love to hear ideas and what you're running .. lets se...