RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Help me find a similar floorplan

Hi everyone, My hubby and I are looking for either a new TT or 5W. We have looked at just about everything and have decided we really like the floor plan that has a party couch with 2 dinettes and a angled TV (so we can actually see it from most of...

Roof Sealant for Travel Trailer

Hello and thanks all in advanceI don't have a leak as of yet and its not like there is much rain in Socal but I want to be prepared. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a caulk like tube or paint on treatment. I saw a an expensive product sic...

er78mph by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

So...question for you all.

My wife and I are originally from the Pittsburgh area and she would like to visit family there on a regular basis.We are thinking about getting a Class A or Class B mobile home and letting it sit on some property we own in the area. We are thinking ...

Houndguy by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Any San Diego Members

Hello,I was wondering if anyone on this forum was from San Diego, CA? I've learn so much here and would like possibly gain additional insight from someone locally? If not, is there any RV clubs that are worth looking into? THanks!

er78mph by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

"fridge brace" beware!

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=47878&rewrote&affiliateid=5193&gclid=CIypybOMpckCFQ-oaQoddckBWgORhttp://www.amazon.com/Camco-44033-Fridge-Brace-pack/dp/B0024EC74MI love these things but found a problem with them. I put in 1/...

path1 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

sleeping bag falls off cushions with no kid attached

Have major RVing problem:B Grandkids to like sleep in sleeping bags on the table that folds down into a bed. The sleeping bag material is real slick material and sometime throughout the night the sleeping bag lands on floor, if bag is used like a ...

path1 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Water leak Frozen Toilet Line

Hi,Here is a good story for those who are new to Class A. I did my normal winterizing on my first winter. The spring time came and went out on a quick test trip.When I hooked up the city water, there was a leak in my bathroom. With a little resear...

New to RV camping

I grew up tent camping and love to hike out into the wilderness and camp. However We just bought our first camper, a 32 foot travel trailer. We will be setting up as a seasonal locally for the summer as a weekend getaway. I am very excited to have a ...

jdhd003 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

what exactly is a RV that is "4 seasons ready"?

In our past RV's some have been advertised as "arctic package" or "extreme temp" etc. Yesterday somebody walking around our TT (Arctic Fox) and noticed a sticker that said "all seasons ready, 4 seasons" and he asked what exactly is 4 seasons ready? ...

path1 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Trickle Chargers

Hello and thanks to all!My trailer will be sitting at storage and dont want my new battery to drain, are trickle chargers easy to install? I was thinking of a solar one on amazon. I am just trying to figure out how to hook up the solar panel withou...

er78mph by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Finance Company

Hello to all and thanks in advance,I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent finance company. I will most likely buy from a private seller and would like to borrow $ in this fashion. Is anyone familiar with a loan in order to pay a private...

er78mph by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Great advice for newbie

Just bought a 2004 Holiday Rambler with the Triton engine. Any great tips for starting out and or what to do and not to do?Doug

Hi all..hitting the road in 2 weeks.

Hi all,we are a family of 4 getting ready to hit the road cross country in acouple of weeks. We have a 2002 Forest River Sierra 5th Wheel 27'We are pulling with a 2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn. Have just 1 question here to start #1) We need to have a portab...

Keeping pets cool while you're away

We will be traveling with our pets in possibly very high temperatures, and as we're total newbies, want to make sure we're taking proper steps. Is it necessary to have 2 ac units or is 1 sufficient? We know to keep the shades down and all that but w...

DABZ by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Break Controllers

Hello and thanks to all in advanceI am a proud owner of a F-150 and need to put install controllers, is this fairly straight forward? I already have the electrical in the back but just need to purchase the device. Could I purchase the device on Ama...

er78mph by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes