RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Beginner Strategy question about dry camping / inverter use

Hello everyone!As I understand, why dry camping I can use by 12 V outlets for power - but NOT my 120V (those are only live when there is shore or generator power, as I was told). However, I am installing a 160W solar kit. Now I'm wondering - shou...

tfirma by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

battery hot

Try and make this short. While camping I was plugged into electricity battery started to smell and was very hot. Unhooked and took it out in case it should explode, it was that hot. Had it checked when I got back, they added water, checked it and sai...

DannyA by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

California Coast

Will be renting the house out for a couple months and looking foreword to first RV traveling. Have a 1/2 ton conversion van and will be purchasing a used 26' TT. Starting where we live ( San Diego area) we want to travel the coast north and looking f...

Soon to be full-timer questions

Hey guys, so i've been planning on going full-time in an RV for a while now, and I'd like some advice. I've got about 10k in the bank right now, but i was planning to wait about a year so i'd have more flexibility. My friend and I are going to be goi...

Don't forget the KISS principle

Got the Monaco out last weekend to get it ready for a trip. Had it in the driveway hooked up to shore power for packing, etc. This morning, I pulled it out to hook up the toad and check all systems. The frig was alarming (it has the automatic func...

Full sized SUV or Truck

Hello to all and thanks in advance!So initially, I posted my first post wondering about what type of travel trailer I should purchase. I know that I want to get a trailer around 20' but that's about it! Some of your guys mentioned that it is hard t...

er78mph by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

May purchase Roadtrek with odometer in kilometers

Newbie to RV'ing and we're on the brink of purchasing a Roadtrek but the odometer is in kilometers and we'll be mostly traveling in the US. I'm looking for opinions on whether this would be too much annoyance to buy this unit. It's a 2001 model Popu...

Is it possible to drain waste ?

Is it possible to drain waste tank without the sewer hose? Just let it drain to the groundI know it's disgusting but will the waste like urine come out even without the sewer hose?

GOODYEAR G159 DEATH TRAP TIRES.

RV Tires and Tire FailuresSafety and RV Tire FailureRV tires are more susceptible to failure from defects because they endure heavier loads, more diverse road conditions and longer periods of time out of service. Tire safety should be of the utmost i...

"Don't Buy New"

I notice a lot of you say not to buy a brand new rv unit. I'm "assuming" this is because it takes a while to shake all the right-out-of-the-factory bugs out of it and locate all the problems associated with the newness. Today, however, I went on my...

Jayla by Explorer
  • 142 replies
  • 0 likes

Blackwater tank

Hello all, new here and got some bad advice to keep my black water tank open constantly while hooked up at campground. Now I know otherwise. What can I do to get the contents of the tank broken up to drain completely? Any info would be greatly apprec...

Knute1 by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

Motorhome Rental Advice

I'm writing a guide for first timers about how to rent an RV. I'd like to include some SHORT funny stories about renting, and some quotes with advice from experienced RVrs. Have anything you wish you'd known (or were glad you did)? If I decide to use...

Newbie Needs Help! From experienced rvers

Folks,This forum has been a big help. I am totally new to RVing. The last experience I had with "camping" was riding a motorcycle in CO Rockies. Breath taking. That was tent camping. Before that, I took 4 preteens pop up campering and hated it. Caugh...

Buying advice on a 1998 Isata 310

I have the opportunity to purchase a 1998 Isata Touring Sedan 310 with 100K on the clock for $9995 (NADA Good condition $15150). The dealer says this was a pricing mistake but are willing to honor it and to do a prep package on this unit covering all...

rshea007 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Video Series Documenting our Noob RV Shopping Experience

We're totally new to RVs. We rented one for 4 days to get a feel for what we would and wouldn't like, and now we're starting to shop and learn what we do and don't want.It's impossible to know exactly what's going to work for us, but we're doing our ...