RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Gaming in a RV?

Hello, I'm in the prep/saving stage of moving into an RV and had a question about internet connectivity while traveling. One of the things I enjoy is playing MMOs and I'm not sure if that is possible while living full time in an RV. I hope to stay ei...

DKAvery by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on Dealer Prep and accessories - R-Pod

Looking at a new 2014 R-Pod 182G, and based on my research I guess I'm fine with the price ~$14,750. This is our first trailer and after a lot of research this is the plan and mfg. that works for us.Question, dealer prep seems really high to me at cl...

OHdad by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Shower Door Latch

I am having a hard time finding the replacement part for a broken shower door latch. I asked Thor our Motor Home manufacturer for help and was told to just go to local RV store. I can not find anyone with this SEA brand type door latch.

Pops_R by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP WITH SOLAR PANELS - ENGERY FOR CAMPER?!

So we can't have a generator up at the mountain land (they are just too loud). We can't afford a quiet one.Was thinking maybe doing some solar for a boost? We have maybe $200-$300 to spend and want a system that will absorb and store energy every ...

thcguy12 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

How is my house battery charged?

Hi, Here is a newbie question.How is my house battery charged? Does it charge when I'm plugged into shore power? Does it charge when I'm driving? Does my chassis battery charge it?Also, what does my generator use to start, the house battery or the...

KenMast by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Rust - how bad can it really be?

Question to my future fellow RV'ersI have been looking at buying a used class A, 1998-2003 range. Most of the units that I have seen have rust underneath. Seems that is the rule rather than the exception. So if one does decide to get a unit and it pa...

ardi by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

New travel trailer purchase help

I will be picking up my new travel trailer in 2 weeks. Can anyone suggest some needed/nice to have accessories?The dealer has recommended the following items: Slide out coversAeroflo vent cover2nd batterySurgeGuard Portable 30ASurge Guard Surge Prote...

dakid by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Foreign RVers in the US & Canada

Hi. My (adult) daughter and I came over from the UK last month and stayed with family in Georgia while we got set up with a truck and travel trailer. We were told - apparently incorrectly - by a driving test office in GA that I could take my driving ...

RV Cover Question

Have 31' Class C, probably 36' total length. Considering buying a pull over cover. Looks like a tough job to put on, I'm not getting any younger. It has zippers all over the place so you can access it when covered. Anyone have any experience with o...

Tunaman2 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Questions from a newbie!

Hey folks!I've been reading through the forum and decided to join and ask a few questions, I hope you folks can help me out.I am a 31 year old male who after having some recent derailments in life has decided to look into full time rving. Now I am no...

Draining water heater, put anode back in or not?

Got home last week after a 4 month trip in wives trailer. First time we've ever owned a Suburban water heater with the anode. We won't be using it again till mid June for a 2 month trip. How is the best way to leave water heater? Drain and flush ...

path1 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Back Up Camera Failure

Anyone else ever had problems with the back-up monitor not working? We have a 2015 Thor Challenger with the Axxera multimedia receiver and Voyager observation system, rear and both side mirrors.After siting in an RV camp for about 5 months and we got...

Pops_R by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Black spots on EPDM roof ?

Hello, is this mold, or the roof simply wearing out ? the camper is a 2003.Also, am I using the decor lap sealant correctly ?

water filter getting dried out---still good?

We one of these filters about 6 months ago. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/tastepure-kdf-carbon-water-filter/18478Used it and now back home for about a month. I'm sure it has dried out sitting in a storage bin and wondering if it's OK to ...

path1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New camper roof's

I was wondering, say the new 2016 campers, do the roofs still need to be checked twice a year? Have they not figured out a way to put a bullet proof roof on yet?I mean, my truck has a roof, with an antenna coming out of it, and that doesn't leak, why...