RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

all info gratefully received...

Hi folks, I am a new member looking for some advice please. We are thinking of coming to the US in Jan 2014 for an extended holiday and are thinking of hiring an RV for a 10/12 week period. There will be just 2 of us for the majority of the time. At ...

When do you have to light pilot light?

Haven't used the pilot light yet. Only used the TT once so far. It took a very long time for the refrig to get cool when we turned it on. I will be doing mostly weekend trips.I thought I would turn on the frig and set the mode to gas the night bef...

tcc11tcc by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Western U.S. toll roads? I-Pass?

We are going to be traveling from Wisconsin to Arizona. We have learned that we want to get an I-Pass for the Illinois tollways and the states East of the Mississippi. But we are wondering when we go on our trip to Arizona (going thru Missouri, Ok...

jrdgc by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Newb question about fresh water tank

Hey guys newb here. Wife and I are planning our first trip with our Travel Trailer over the 4th. We are going to Hardy Lake in Southern Indiana. She's never been but my grandparents went all the time growing up, so have fond memories of that place. H...

admiring a stealth rv

Stealth RV's interest me, so i always take notice when i see one. Came acrodss one this morning parked in a walmart parking lot. Looks like this stealth rv is made from an old penske rental van. A/C is on the top. The one thing that really sticks out...

Winterization: wet or dry?

It is way early in the season (even up here in the NorthEast), but I'm trying to head off a disaster later on...We (DW and myself) are planning on taking a late November trip down south (Florida? Georgia?). It'll be after the seasonal campground we...

Homey_B by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

To buy a fifth wheel or not ?

I own a 1970 16 foot Shasta style trailer right now, I've had it for four years and it has served me wheel. I use it mainly for hunting in the fall as the properties I use are two hours away so it's nice to be able to go down and stay for the weekend...

Bigmoss by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Coachman Rv

Just to let fellow rv'es. Bought new Coachman mirada 2013 and I am having a difficult time with them getting warranty repairs done from them. Been working 5 months on window problem.We are full timers and are currently not in state we bought unit in....

njtony by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Do I need special cleaning products?

Do I need to use special cleaning products in my TT for the toilet/sinks/tub? I know the products I use at home are pretty harsh (especially the toilet cleaner) and I'm afraid to use them in the TT. Am I right, or being overly cautious? What shoul...

4fromOH by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

need your opinions: rv or hotel?

We are retired, very young ages 58 & 64, two small dogs and getting ready to hit the road, but have not been able to decide on mode of travel. Additional facts: we want to take the dogs as much as possible, we used to camp when our son was growing up...

booshmom by Explorer
  • 58 replies
  • 0 likes

Hello folks!

Hello,I haven't taken the freedom invoking move of getting a RV yet but am in that first steps area. I am 29 and my gf is 30, we are both at a stage in life were we don't have a lot tying us down. We are renting a crappy lil apartment for somewhat of...

Tow vehicle

Hello all, We have been lurkers for some time and finally pulled the trigger so to speak. Very Excited to say the least. Hope to meet aloyt of people and see the country. I do have a question already, My partner and I have purchased a 2007 Forester R...

lbsmyr by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

NEED ROADSIDE SERVICE PROGRAM

Please sell me on a good program that is NO FRILLS, Does what they say they will do, Reasonably $, and take care of us when we may need it most. One survey rated Allstate #1. I would guess the flat tire in the middle of the night out in nowhere is t...

by Not applicable
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Having Mail Forwarded: Suggestions?

I know a lot of you get snail mail sent to their addresses while they're on the road. Can anyone recommend a decent service?A buddy of mine told me to check out http://postscanmail.com, but I haven't had time to look at it yet.

Water pump

I'm brand new. Do you run the pump when hooked up to pressurized water supply?