cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dirty Laundry

bpierson21
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 31' TT. Where does everyone place their dirty clothes at the end of the day? I have the mesh bags but don't know an easy access place to keep them until laundry time. I've been placing them in a plastic tub with a lid and keeping that outside under the camper.
35 REPLIES 35

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
empty_nest wrote:
relaxin wrote:
secret trap door that goes to the basement, with a basket strategically placed under it we manage to keep control over that dirty laundry (so its not barking or pooping on anyone elses site) until laundry time.

we both have clothes that stay in the fiver for the season, enough for almost a week, so when it comes out to be washed it goes right back in straight from the line or dryer,,,, badda bing and ready for the next trip.

X2

x3

The laundry bag is inserted in a basket directly under the trap door. When time to do laundry we just open the basement door and pull out the filled laundry bag.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
We just use a trash can. Just bought on that fit the size we needed to hold our clothes
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
We keep ours in the shower

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
relaxin wrote:
secret trap door that goes to the basement, with a basket strategically placed under it we manage to keep control over that dirty laundry (so its not barking or pooping on anyone elses site) until laundry time.

we both have clothes that stay in the fiver for the season, enough for almost a week, so when it comes out to be washed it goes right back in straight from the line or dryer,,,, badda bing and ready for the next trip.

X2
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

All58Parks
Explorer
Explorer
In our last TT, we too stored it in a mesh bag in the shower. However, I'm too OCD for that and it was bugging the daylights out of me. Plus, we use our shower alot.

I finally cut a hole in the wall under the bed, which opened into and outside compartment. Then I moved a cabinet door from a kitchen cabinet that didn't really need a door, and installed that over the opening. We store a laundry basket under the door in the outside compartment, so when we throw our clothes through, they land in the basket.

We liked this mod so much, I repeated it when we bought our new TT this summer.
(Which reminds me, I need to update my signature!)
2014 Wildcat Maxx 26bhs
2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Used to be just dumped under a dinette seat. Now we just throw them in the tub and pull them out when we get home.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

TnCamperMama
Explorer
Explorer
I use a mesh bag and store it in the camper tub, b/c we shower at the bath house. This summer I hit the thrift store and bought a few things that I just tossed after I was done wearing them. This came in handy with the youngest ds who gets filthy. I take old ratty clothes for him that are almost too small. That way when he wrecks them, I trash them. They are too wrecked to send to goodwill and too dirty to even worry with washing when we get home.
We ended up with a bunch of wet stuff returning home this year, b/c it rained bad. We tossed it in the back of the truck and I washed it soon as we got home.
Proud owners of 2006 Keystone Hornet 31ft. BH. Camp with the DH, 2 DS, & Axel the Rottweiler.
http://thefrugalhappycampers.blogspot.com/

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Clothes basket in the plumbed washer/dryer closet that is now a pantry and whatever else needs to be in there closet. We do no have the washer/dryer. When that gets full, I put them in a large mesh laundry bag and put it in the backend of our Jeep. It rides there until I do laundry.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put a laundry basket in the rear storage compartment under the kids bunk. Just lift the mattress and drop the clothes in.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer

Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
We use a collapsible mesh hamper and keep it in our wall closet. We have a TC and surprisingly have a set of plastic drawers and room for hanging clothes. Works perfect for us.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Get the big suction hooks from Walmart that go in the shower. Make sure they are the large ones or they won't hold the weight. We bought the mesh laundry containers that sit on the floor and fold up. Walmart has them. It sits on the floor in the corner of the bedroom near the closet. Large Suction Cup Hook Christmas Wreath and Decoration Hanger almost 3" wide. The kind with the lever.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
A large hamper sits in the shower and is placed in the entrance when the shower is used. When full the dirty clothes go into bags that go into the back end of the truck until it is laundromat day.
We have an under the sink hamper that would be fine but we never go for just a few days so it would fill up too fast.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We used to have a 31' TT as well with a bunk end. On one side of the bunk end was a wooden ladder that you could pull out to use. One you pulled it out, there was a space where it was. We would either place a plastic clothes basket there or use a mesh bag. We've also used the top of the unused bunk bed with the plastic clothes basket as well.

With the motorhome we use one of those collapsable containers like you can use for garbage and use it in one of our wardrobe closets. Works great you can get one with the zipper lid if you are concerned about aesthetics.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L