cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVD for beginners

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
As we are complete beginners going from a tent to a Class A, we were a little lets say over our heads, and making things more difficult in our heads then I think they may need to be. Anyway we ordered a DVD called Type A Motorhomes 101. Ok Sally ordered it. It was a very basic, how things work, and what to do. Surprisingly, we felt rather good after watching it. They make all kinds of them for all types of Motorhomes, for the complete beginner, a good put your mind at ease DVD. Incase there is someone else out there like us.
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker
10 REPLIES 10

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
1775 wrote:
Lots of DVDs for RVing right here -

RV Education 101

He does a good job at this and there are a number of free videos to sample.

yup that is what we got,
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

Explorer
Explorer
Lots of DVDs for RVing right here -

RV Education 101

He does a good job at this and there are a number of free videos to sample.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
Burwoods wrote:
As we are complete beginners going from a tent to a Class A,

What class A, size and year..

We bought a 1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Burwoods wrote:
As we are complete beginners going from a tent to a Class A,

What class A, size and year..

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing wrong with going with the DVD to get you started. Then stick around here for a while for the advanced info and finer points.

Many, many buyers (maybe most) are first time RV owners and there's no way you can know much if you have not actually gone out and done it. Experience and practice will take you a long way.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
Experience comes with time. The DVD is a good idea. Manufacturer's should give this away with the rig for specific info. With a purchase that size I am surprised they do not. I got a DVD with my swimming pool. Conhgrats and have fun

I agree a DVD like the one we bought should be included, especially for people like us...lol. It shows you the electrical system, water system, how to hook everything up, the items you should have to help pervent problems with the above. Where to find everything, about the fuses, and to carry extras. What to look at first if there is a problem, before calling in expensive professional help, like the fuses and checking them first. How the Gen and Batteries work, and maintenace on all the above. All the safety features your RV has, the LP system. Where to look for certain things in your RV, that manufactures hide in places..lol. Even covered the toilet and different types of them, and the maintenance there. Happy with the DVD, could have been a waste of money but was not in our extreme newbie state. We had a nice tent but it did not come with any of the above.
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Experience comes with time. The DVD is a good idea. Manufacturer's should give this away with the rig for specific info. With a purchase that size I am surprised they do not. I got a DVD with my swimming pool. Conhgrats and have fun
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
JordanH wrote:
tent to a class A, talk about a jump!

Yup "go big or go Home" lol. Explains all our questions..lol.

But man we are excited about the future with this.
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker

JordanH
Explorer II
Explorer II
tent to a class A, talk about a jump!
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
2001 Dutchmen Sport 25f
2010 Honda EU3000iS
2008 Summit x 800r
2008 Outlander 800XT
2003 HD Heritage Softail
2012 Lund WC-14 with 2013 Evinrude 15hp
1994 Ford Mustang V6
2014 Nights camping: 10

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen their videos, but the RV 101 folks are good people.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page