Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Greetings from Central Pa!

Tlauden
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all!

Just wanted to start out by saying hi! Seems like an awfully nice group of folks here and lots of great info! Me and my wife just purchased our first camper and can't wait to use it. Got a good price on a 2015 Starcraft travel star 239tbs. We are new to ownership but have been RV'ing for years with family in a '96 Coleman popup. But the family keeps growing so it was time to upgrade a tad. We weren't looking to go this big this quick but the price was right! Well, looking forward to seeing ya around the forums and maybe at a campground somewhere too!!

Again, Hi!
Tyler
TT- 2015 Starcraft Travel Star 239TBS
TV- 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 6Spd Cummins Dually 4x4
Me, The wife, 2 furkids - Kozmo (6yr old lab) & Zoey (1yr old golden retriever)
8 REPLIES 8

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
mowermech wrote:
Welcome!
I thought perhaps you might be somewhere close to my old "stomping grounds", but no such luck. I left Martinsburg (Blair County) about 1948, and have only been back about twice since then.
On the map, I find you a little North of Harrisburg, is that right?

Hi mowermech
I am near your old stomping grounds.I am in Altoona at least once a week.I live about 30 minutes from Altoona,I am in southern Clearfield county.
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion

Tlauden
Explorer
Explorer
mowermech wrote:
Welcome!
I thought perhaps you might be somewhere close to my old "stomping grounds", but no such luck. I left Martinsburg (Blair County) about 1948, and have only been back about twice since then.

I do believe I have been through there in my travels. Yes, we are about 15 minutes north of Harrisburg.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Tlauden
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

rainy029 wrote:
campigloo

I heard on the news this week the trees around here will peak in the next 2 weeks.(I'm in York/Harrisburg, PA) One of my maple tree's have already dropped half of its leaves. Winter is looking like it isn't gonna be pretty this year.

I do believe your right, was a very mild and quick summer this year, I've been watching for deals on rock salt, last winter nobody had any left in stock halfway through the winter.

rainy029
Explorer
Explorer
campigloo

I heard on the news this week the trees around here will peak in the next 2 weeks.(I'm in York/Harrisburg, PA) One of my maple tree's have already dropped half of its leaves. Winter is looking like it isn't gonna be pretty this year.
1992 25ft Chataeu
2003 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1L

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, there is a lot of information available. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats Tyler! Hope you get lots of good trips out of it. Will be up that way around the beginning of Nov. We are hoping the trees will still have good color and the snow hasn't started. Hope to see ya at a campground near you

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello
Traveling with my best friend my wife!