cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you ever done this?

late_bloomer
Explorer
Explorer
My wife dropped a plastic spoon down the toilet. She was emptying a pan of soapy water from the sink. How concerned should I be?
I got here as quick as I could.
28 REPLIES 28

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Y'all work a lot harder at this campin thing than I do.

x2. Color me silly, but I thought you bought a unit with a sink to wash dishes, a shower to shower in, and a bathroom, well, you know!

I haven't done anything like that, at least to my knowledge, but my only concern would be as previously expressed-if it gets lodged sideways it could be an issue.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
2hams wrote:
Tom_Diane - It makes sense to dump sink water into the toilet if you do not have a very large grey tank and are staying without sewer hookup. We used to do this all the time.

We do this same practice. We wash dishes in a pan and then dump it in the toilet. Although, we usually put kitchen water in the black tank to add more water to it and the soap sure doesn't hurt anything.

Y'all work a lot harder at this campin thing than I do.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
2hams wrote:
Tom_Diane - It makes sense to dump sink water into the toilet if you do not have a very large grey tank and are staying without sewer hookup. We used to do this all the time.

We do this same practice. We wash dishes in a pan and then dump it in the toilet. Although, we usually put kitchen water in the black tank to add more water to it and the soap sure doesn't hurt anything.

late_bloomer
Explorer
Explorer
we had some grease, and water with food particles and gunk in the water from washing dishes. Rather than pour it on the ground to attract ants and critters, we just pour it into the black tank. (well I usually do it) This time DW did it and missed a plastic spoon.
I got here as quick as I could.

Emptypockets
Explorer
Explorer
Tom_Diane wrote:
I think it will pass also. I have to ask though, Why would you dump water from the "sink", into the toilet. when you could just pour it down the sink drain? I've heard of people pouring soapy water into the toilet to help clean out, and clean the sensors. Dish soap is cheap and fresh soap would make for better cleaning.

We have this practice - never have an issue of not enough liquid to get the black tank to empty properly.
The Palmers

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
I dropped an empty plastic bottle (black tank additive) in the toilet. Came out on the second rinse. I don't recall if the lid was on the bottle.
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
With my luck the thing would wedge sideways and cause a huge backup.

But then again you're not me so you will more than likely be ok. :B
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
Did exactly that. Eventually it came out when dumping but may have been lucky.
Jayco-noslide

Tom_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
I think it will pass also. I have to ask though, Why would you dump water from the "sink", into the toilet. when you could just pour it down the sink drain? I've heard of people pouring soapy water into the toilet to help clean out, and clean the sensors. Dish soap is cheap and fresh soap would make for better cleaning.

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
I tend towards flushing the spoon out as soon as feasible because I wouldn't want to take the chance of it lodging itself in the drain line and blocking toilet paper which could potentially end up being a large obstructive chunk and a mess to clear from the line.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
"This too will pass." :B
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, sounds kind of familiar. I dropped a pill bottle down the toilet in our Keystone. Luckly the black tank had just been emptied. When I got home, I ran more water in the black tank, and drained the black tank again, catching the water in a bucket. It came right out. (Threw the bottle and contents away then).

We dropped a green scrubby in that same tank, never did see it come out, figure it went down the sewer at the campground.

Eventually, it will come out.

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Never did that but I'm thinking it will dump out unlesss its not a big spoon.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230