Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

High Dezert Off Road, now RVing

sapperb
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone,
I am new to the RV world. Got tired of sleeping in a tent, plus the wife was "over it". As a retired Army Vet, nothing is worst than "camping" in the military. I live in the High Dezert in Cali and my hobbies are Off Road Fabrication and welding. I built a dezert truck and now it is time to step up my game. Purchased a great condition 2001 Angler 8C from my race buddy. Everything works perfect. Minor cosmetics to do to the interior. It fits nicely on my 2000 F250 Super Duty V10. It will be nice to pull my dezert truck out the dezert and live in luxury.
Look forward to checking out this forum.
Bruce
15 REPLIES 15

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
sapperb wrote:
...........Well I can't seem to figure out how to upload pictures..

Follow This Link it will walk you thru the process to post a picture.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

sapperb
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the warm welcome. Here is my dezert toy. It is a 2000 S10. Don't see many S10 built as dezert rig, They have a weak frame (it is actually a car frame, Malibu). But show it love, can't beat the Vortec and you can hit the whoops at a high speed. I do all the fab work myself (High Dezert fabrication). Those of you that have ridden through the barstow track, this pic is the "famous" Dan Vance Jump. The other rig is my Chase Truck. Yes it is a"gasser" but I love the V10. 2000 F250 SD V10............Well I can't seem to figure out how to upload pictures..

sapperb
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Welcome aboard, Bruce.

We've had some good rides in your area. We usually camp a couple times a year off of Outlet Center Drive. There are some great trails from there, and it's a lot of fun to ride into town for dinner at In-N-Out.

We've only been to Johnson Valley once, because it's kind of a trek from our house, but we had a lot of fun riding out there. We even got some snow at JV, which surprised us.

Where do you like to ride? Do you have any pics of your truck?

Awesome!! I can see the Outlet Center from my house. I ride all through The Barstow race track, JV. i love going to KOH.

sapperb
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Be sure to check out and post your topics on the Truck Camper forum.

Youโ€™ll fit right in. :B

Oh, and......desert = :C

:):)

I have thanks!

sapperb
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Is the Slash-X still doing business?
Use to have lots of off roading events

Barstow is a great jumping off spot:
Jawbone, Johnson Valley, Juniper Flats, Stoddard Valley

Lived in Baldy Mesa....worked at Power Plant in Dagget
Spent Lots of time out roaming/adventuring in my 72 Bronco when I wasn't riding my Street Motorcycles

Yes the Slash X is kind of still doing business. Due to COVID, it is basically only open for races. The next race is 20 Feb 21. I will be pitting for my race buddy and his dad. They have a #1455 and a #2055 Trucks.

sapperb
Explorer
Explorer
Class A DP 1 wrote:
Nice! and you live in Barstow. You got a lot of fun within reasonable drive there. safe travels.

Yes I live in Barstow. I retired from the National Training Center (NTC). I open up my garage (shop) and the dezert is right there.

sapperb
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Welcome. Please post some pictures of your "toys."

Thanks. will do!

dedmiston
Welcome aboard, Bruce.

We've had some good rides in your area. We usually camp a couple times a year off of Outlet Center Drive. There are some great trails from there, and it's a lot of fun to ride into town for dinner at In-N-Out.

We've only been to Johnson Valley once, because it's kind of a trek from our house, but we had a lot of fun riding out there. We even got some snow at JV, which surprised us.

Where do you like to ride? Do you have any pics of your truck?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome!

Yeah, seems dirt bikes and off roading is the go-to hobby for desert dwellers, lol.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to check out and post your topics on the Truck Camper forum.

Youโ€™ll fit right in. :B

Oh, and......desert = :C

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I like the desert, I wish I lived in the desert.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is the Slash-X still doing business?
Use to have lots of off roading events

Barstow is a great jumping off spot:
Jawbone, Johnson Valley, Juniper Flats, Stoddard Valley

Lived in Baldy Mesa....worked at Power Plant in Dagget
Spent Lots of time out roaming/adventuring in my 72 Bronco when I wasn't riding my Street Motorcycles
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like living in the desert. Been doing the desert for 15 years. Love the desert.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Class_A_DP_1
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! and you live in Barstow. You got a lot of fun within reasonable drive there. safe travels.
Prevost XL40 Country Coach Conversion