cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to get a driver license in FL

thewilsons
Explorer
Explorer
Ok , I live in oregon right now Im going to be moving full time to FL and live in my rv from park to park,what do I need to get a driver license in FL as in I will have "No Permanent Address" to give the DMV
28 REPLIES 28

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
back to topic. If registering the vehicle, you need to bring it with you (i.e.multiple trips to the office) so they can verify milage, vin, make model. If the bank is holding the title then get their fax, mail and phone so FL can request it from them. No metal plates til this is done (i.e. another trip to their office). We had 3 drivers licenses and four vehicles. Just made trip #4 and #5 is Monday.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
thewilsons wrote:
I even got are Disney-world resident passes.
I guess your daddy never told you not to spend all your money in one place! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

thewilsons
Explorer
Explorer
I'm now a FL resident. Thank you ALL!!! I even got are Disney-world resident passes.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
lizzie wrote:
...people hardly every fall off the side of the mountain. (Except of course when they do). lizzie

This is why I am a confirmed and dedicated flatlander!

Thanks for the morning giggle, Lizzie. Every day should start out with one.

-jHalf
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

rickjf
Explorer
Explorer
as for mail service, In 12 years of travelling,
mail service was the only "must" have bill.
I would recommend looking at St Brendan's Isle mail service
out of Green Cove Springs
Rick & Connie
GMC duramax
Arctic fox 25P

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
The weirdness is not confined to Florida. We were headed down the mountain this morning to the post office, got stuck behind an SUV with Florida plates (Seminole County). It was going 25 miles per hour, smoking the brakes, and hogging the middle of the road. Miles after mile after mile. They passed 10 good places to pull off and let the increasing line of traffic pass but the guy was gripping that wheel and hangin' on. We have Florida plates too, but after 15 years we know that low gear is your friend and that people hardly every fall of the side of the mountain. (Except of course when they do). lizzie

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh yeah! I forgot about writing to the newspaper about how red-light cameras are a conspiracy by local government to steal more of taxpayer's money.....Just after you got nailed running the red light at a camera equipped intersection. (In one of the lowest total tax rate states in the nation)
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Based on 20 years experience living in the Orlando area -

No one uses turn signals.

You can never leave the normal following distance in front of you because that will just attract someone from the lane next to you who thinks the space will allow him to get where he's going a tiny bit faster. I got to where I could tell which car was going to jump in front of me.

A yellow light means 'speed up'. You never, ever want to abruptly apply your brakes for a yellow light unless you want the guy behind you to hit you. When you're in that grey area where you could probably stop, or just motor through the yellow light as it turns red, the only safe choice is to keep going.

People run red lights all the time. ALL THE TIME. People seem to believe that if they saw the green light as they approached the intersection from a block away, they are entitled to proceed through it even if the light has turned red. If you are sitting at a red light and the light turns green, you should count to 5 before moving away from a dead stop. Seriously.

Nobody stops before making a right turn at a stop sign.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Dang! I gotta pick up a copy of that Newly Minted Floridians handbook. I hope it's in the same aisle as the flip flops and black socks at WalMart.

Thanks setting me straight.
It's his Super Power!

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
Every time I see/hear the term "South Alabama" I think of Lois Malone. ๐Ÿ™‚

Allworth's post makes me wonder why we bothered getting the MoHo turn signals fixed last month, since we no longer need use them. The old Florida rule was that one turn signal (the right one?) had to be on at all times.

That being said, thanks for the reminder that am now required to buy flip-flops. Something to spend that "yankee money" on.

You are confused, the turn signal rule applies only to tourists.

Residents know better. ๐Ÿ™‚
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Every time I see/hear the term "South Alabama" I think of Lois Malone. ๐Ÿ™‚

Allworth's post makes me wonder why we bothered getting the MoHo turn signals fixed last month, since we no longer need use them. The old Florida rule was that one turn signal (the right one?) had to be on at all times.

That being said, thanks for the reminder that am now required to buy flip-flops. Something to spend that "yankee money" on.
It's his Super Power!

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lizzie,

You mean in South Alabama?
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
koda55 wrote:
Your insurance does not have to be in Florida. My insurance company is USAA out of Texas.

We checked with USAA and they required us to get a Florida policy, which included different coverages (and which was, of course, more expensive).
It's his Super Power!

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Allworth, those special benefits only apply for those living south of Orlando. In the Panhandle few cars even have functioning turn signals, most roads are one lane, the sandspurs are too bad to wear flip flops, and there is absolutely nothing to complain about. lizzie