Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoors RV Trailers & Thermal Pane

NewTTcamper
Explorer
Explorer
I have two separate questions.

First, thoughts on the Outdoors Timber Ridge TT. We really like this TT and are thinking about be buying it. We love the quality, true four seasons construction, and floor plan. We looked at Artic Fox, but they seem to lack some of the features in the Outdoors TT and they are heavier. Is there anything we're missing?

Second, thermal pane windows. Are they worth it. Specifically, the insulation value. We love the big picture in the back of the TT, but I'm worried about heat/cold being an issue. Not concerned about noise or weight.

Thoughts?
10 REPLIES 10

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely get the thermal pane windows if that's an option.

They help with heat, cold, sound and condensation. You would notice a BIG difference if the two were side-by-side.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
SteveAE wrote:
I am pretty sure that Artic Fox and Outdoors RV is the same company, just a different product line. ....

Same owners, but a different company. Ron Nash (and Co) didn't want the risk Northwoods going under when they opened Outdoors in 2009 (ie recession time)

and yes Arctic Fox is a step up from Outdoors product line.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anything that helps insulate is good

I have a 4 seasons rated 5rv
Vented Attic Space
Enclosed under belly
Heated underbelly
Radiant Barrier Insulation
Super Insulated Vacuum Bonded Walls

YES we have stayed in freezing temps and stayed warm. -14*F
But staying warm is only dependent on constant source/supply of propane to feed the furnace

Windows, roof vents, thin walls, slides defeat any mfg. claims of 4 season package hype.
All I'm saying is 4 seasons is a great marketing tool but reality is you can only insulate a shoebox so much
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

HMBdave
Explorer
Explorer
Lance TT are available with 4 seasons package
Still a novice
2015 Lance 2212ks Toy Hauler -current TH
2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost max tow -current TV
2003 Ford Expedition -Sold
2006 Attitude 21ak -Sold

SteveAE
Explorer
Explorer
I am pretty sure that Artic Fox and Outdoors RV is the same company, just a different product line. Have toured both factories and the Artic Fox seemed better constructed (hence the extra weight).

I spent a couple thousand $$$$ to add dual pane windows to my trailer. Yes, they are warmer, but that isn't the only advantage. The sound reduction is huge and, in my case, since the windows are tinted, the added privacy is great.

RV double pane windows are not constructed like a residential window is. A big window (any type) looks nice when it is 50 to 70 degrees outside, but when it is 10 degrees (I camp in that type of weather), or 100 degrees, even a quality double pane window can let quite a bit of cold (or heat) in and you are likely to just cover it up if you want to sit by it.

Good luck in your search.

NewTTcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Four seasons construction (for lack of a better word) is fully enclosed and heated underbelly, including tank, R15 insulation, one inch thick doors on storage areas ,insulated vent covers, etc. You would need to look at the Outdoors RV website to see the rest of the features. I can't recall all of them. I haven't seen other trailers with all of the features in the Outdoors product line. Am I missing one?

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
A wall is only as insulated as the window in it

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Visit http://www.outdoorsrvmfg.com/ and http://www.northwoodmfg.com/ and you will learn what "true four seasons construction" is.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
What is "true four seasons construction"?

Thermal pane windows.....good investment.
Winter/summer they help with heat issues.

Glass is large heat problem....keeping it in/out.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Can't answer the first.

Second? I would definitely get thermal pane windows. Don't know the insulating R value, but do know they really help to cut down on condensation on the window glass. I would not be without them.