cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigarator odor

Eagle1951
Explorer
Explorer
We left hamburger meat in freezer with frig not on. Is there a sure fire way of removing odor. How about Clorox cleanup?
8 REPLIES 8

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
After thoroughly cleaning, charcoal briquettes also help get odor out. Put a bowl of them in there, they seem to absorb the odor.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
After washing well with bleach added to water I thought I still smelled something so I put a bowl full of several cups of Kitty Litter for multiple cats into the refrigerator. When I went our in several days the smell was gone.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be sure to let the fridge dry out thoroughly before you turn it on and close it up. NEVER close a fridge that's not running. NEVER. Always prop the door open. Otherwise you will come back to a big black mold mess.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
Nilodor!
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Open a box of baking powder and place it in the fridge after you clean and scrub it out. Close the door once you put the baking powder in.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
Newspaper

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wash EVERYTHING with warm water, dish soap and a dash of bleach. All the shelves, door racks, freezer, etc. Take it apart as much as you can.

Then prop it open and let it air dry for a few days with nothing in it and turned off.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
google "odor in freezer"
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman