cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wholesale rv club

purps214
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know anything about wholesale rv club... their prices seem to be cheaper(by almost 10,000) than any local dealer. Thanks:)
14 REPLIES 14

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:
tmilicia wrote:
BillB800si wrote:
quote=65ShelbyCobra quote=Buck62 quote=FishinghatNo, don't know anything about a wholesale RV club selling RVs. As for underpricing a dealer, most experienced RVers have found discounts from so called "List Price" of 30% or more off from dealers, so keep that in mind. quote
--------------------
These sellers have no service department, no large sales staff, no sales manager and no actual store so they have almost zero overhead just people taking orders on the phone. .quote
-------------------------------
Buck62, not true...Look up Colerain Rv in Cinncinati. That is Wholsale RV Club...It's a full service dealer.Sorry to bring up and ol thread but I'm thinking of buying from them and did a little research.quote
=========================
I don't think so---
Colerain has the following:
Our new RV service facility consists of 15 service bays and 17 factory trained and RVIA/RVDA certified technicians. Including two 40,000 lb. chassis lifts. We can handle all your RV repairs in Cincinnati or Dayton Ohio.........

Wholesale RV Club has NONE of that. No service at all. You must take it to a Authorized dealer somewhere for warranty service.
You may be confusing Wholesale RV Club with RV Wholesalers. Two different companies.
Be careful folks....

Sorry Bill, you are wrong... I have personally dealt with and visited Wholesale RV Club and they are in fact Colerain RV in Cincinnati, OH.

===================
I'm not questioning you. I'm stating the fact that on Wholesalervclub's website they explain that they DO NO SERVICE. All service is performed by other authorized dealers & they will contact them for you.

Read their website info??

that's for their customers, when they are on the road and need warranty work. they will make contact with a dealer near where they are, while traveling.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
tmilicia wrote:
BillB800si wrote:
quote=65ShelbyCobra quote=Buck62 quote=FishinghatNo, don't know anything about a wholesale RV club selling RVs. As for underpricing a dealer, most experienced RVers have found discounts from so called "List Price" of 30% or more off from dealers, so keep that in mind. quote
--------------------
These sellers have no service department, no large sales staff, no sales manager and no actual store so they have almost zero overhead just people taking orders on the phone. .quote
Buck62, not true...Look up Colerain Rv in Cinncinati. That is Wholsale RV Club...It's a full service dealer.Sorry to bring up and ol thread but I'm thinking of buying from them and did a little research.quote
I don't think so---
Our new RV service facility consists of 15 service bays and 17 factory trained and RVIA/RVDA certified technicians. Including two 40,000 lb. chassis lifts. We can handle all your RV repairs in Cincinnati or Dayton Ohio.........

Wholesale RV Club has NONE of that. No service at all. You must take it to a Authorized dealer somewhere for warranty service.
You may be confusing Wholesale RV Club with RV Wholesalers. Two different companies.
Be careful folks....

Sorry Bill, you are wrong... I have personally dealt with and visited Wholesale RV Club and they are in fact Colerain RV in Cincinnati, OH.

"With three dealership locations in southwest Ohio and central Indiana, with over 100 employees"

Read more: http://www.wholesalervclub.com/about.aspx#ixzz2S48fvYXF
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

tmilicia
Explorer
Explorer
Quoted from their website:

"Wholesale RV Club is the Internet Sales arm of a family owned and operated RV business that has been in existence since 1968. Our approach has always been that of treating every customer, both distant and local, as part of our family. We are the premier provider of RV sales, service, parts and accessories in the industry. We look forward to doing business with you and providing you with the best price and service possible.

With three dealership locations in southwest Ohio and central Indiana, with over 100 employees to serve you, your experience is sure to be a pleasurable one. Our Factory trained technicians will insure your new RV is ready to camp the day it leaves our lot."
2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 SRW CC 6.7L
2016 Forest River XLR 395AMP Toy Hauler

2013 Cruiser RV Viewfinder V-28BHSS (SOLD)
2012 Ford F150 FX4 EcoBoost (SOLD)
2011 Palomino Stampede S-195 (SOLD)
2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4 (SOLD)

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Such enlightening exchanges point out exactly why forums are the worst possible place to look for information!
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
tmilicia wrote:
BillB800si wrote:
--------------------
I don't think so---

Be careful folks....

===================
I'm not questioning you. I'm stating the fact that on Wholesalervclub's website they explain that they DO NO SERVICE. All service is performed by other authorized dealers & they will contact them for you.

Read their website info??
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

tmilicia
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:
--------------------
I don't think so---

Be careful folks....

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 SRW CC 6.7L
2016 Forest River XLR 395AMP Toy Hauler

2013 Cruiser RV Viewfinder V-28BHSS (SOLD)
2012 Ford F150 FX4 EcoBoost (SOLD)
2011 Palomino Stampede S-195 (SOLD)
2011 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4 (SOLD)

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
--------------------
I don't think so---

Be careful folks....
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

65ShelbyCobra
Explorer
Explorer
Buck62 wrote:
Fishinghat wrote:
No, don't know anything about a wholesale RV club selling RVs. As for underpricing a dealer, most experienced RVers have found discounts from so called "List Price" of 30% or more off from dealers, so keep that in mind.

One thing that comes to mind is how can they significantly undercut a dealer when their costs are going to be very similar? People don't buy RVs like they buy cars, and franchised dealers aren't going to sell to agencies (wholesaler) a lot cheaper than you could buy one from a dealer. Both salesmen and agencies need a commission to stay in business. As for a "wholesaler" buying from a manufacturer, that would cut out the franchised dealer, and manufacturers are reluctant to cut their own throats doing that.

These sellers have no service department, no large sales staff, no sales manager and no actual store so they have almost zero overhead just people taking orders on the phone. Dealers wil give 15-25% off some models but still have to cover their dealership overhead. I would consider something like RVDirect if they carried the brand, model and floorplan I was looking for, they only carry certain brands. As far as dealer service, I bought my motorhome at a dealership that is a 7 hour drive from my house (best price) and have been back a couple of times for service when it was new and found a few bugs. I have an independent RV service center that I use and they actually know what they are doing, all techs are master RVIA certified. Dealer service was hit and miss.

Buck62, not true...Look up Colerain Rv in Cinncinati. That is Wholsale RV Club...
It's a full service dealer.

Sorry to bring up and ol thread but I'm thinking of buying from them and did a little research.
2011 Premier Bullet 31BHPR (Sold)
2015 Keystone 325 SRX
2008 Ford F-250 6.4L PowerStroke FX4

Buck62
Explorer
Explorer
Fishinghat wrote:
No, don't know anything about a wholesale RV club selling RVs. As for underpricing a dealer, most experienced RVers have found discounts from so called "List Price" of 30% or more off from dealers, so keep that in mind.

One thing that comes to mind is how can they significantly undercut a dealer when their costs are going to be very similar? People don't buy RVs like they buy cars, and franchised dealers aren't going to sell to agencies (wholesaler) a lot cheaper than you could buy one from a dealer. Both salesmen and agencies need a commission to stay in business. As for a "wholesaler" buying from a manufacturer, that would cut out the franchised dealer, and manufacturers are reluctant to cut their own throats doing that.

These sellers have no service department, no large sales staff, no sales manager and no actual store so they have almost zero overhead just people taking orders on the phone. Dealers wil give 15-25% off some models but still have to cover their dealership overhead. I would consider something like RVDirect if they carried the brand, model and floorplan I was looking for, they only carry certain brands. As far as dealer service, I bought my motorhome at a dealership that is a 7 hour drive from my house (best price) and have been back a couple of times for service when it was new and found a few bugs. I have an independent RV service center that I use and they actually know what they are doing, all techs are master RVIA certified. Dealer service was hit and miss.

retired4fun2002
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a motorhome thru RVDirect, which is an on-line seller. It was the most pleasurable experience, we even got BofA financing cheaper than our Credit Union. We had owned travel trailers before, and the dealers were always plying their lies and bait switching; this way the price was firm and we saved not hundreds, but thousands on the deal!! As for service, we go to a Dealer.....our regional jerk was the one who turned us off, so we go elsewhere and it has been super. If someone would have told me that I would buy on-line and spend that amount of money for a sight unseen product....I did and gladly. Safe travels.

PyrateSilly
Explorer
Explorer
PPL Motorhomes in Texas keeps a list of the prices that their RV's have sold at for the last 2 years or so. You might want to check them to see what they are actually selling for before deciding on what may not be as good a deal as you first thought.
Abigail and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV.

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
We've bought two TTs on line without any problems. Think we saved a lot at least from the quotes from other dealers. We were just up to RVW to get brakes seviced and they are very busy as usual. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another unit from them.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know anything about them. I did look at their website, apparently they sell you the RV and send you to your local dealer for servicing/warranty work.
GOOD LUCK getting a quick appointment at the local dealer.

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II

Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow